• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Weekend Get Away in Hermann Missouri

Ron Morris

2009 F650GS
Did I dream this or did I read somewhere that there was going to be a get away in Hermann Missouri sometime in May. I was telling my girlfriend about it and she thought that it would be fun to go and get her the details. Now I can't find where I read it, thus not getting her the information she needs. Maybe I was dreaming....maybe the voices really are out to get me..:dunno

Anyway, can someone enlighten me and save me from the voices....thanks!

Ron

Not confusing this with the Blitz to Branson are you?

But Herman is always a fun place to visit. Wonder if they are going to have a Cajun Fest again this year?

You did read it. It was in the current issue of ON. May 7-9 I think. I have marked my calendar and hope to make this my first BMW event.

Toad

OK thanks guys, I was beginning to think I was losing it. I'll have to check the ON again, I thought that was probably where I had read it, but for the life of me couldn't find it again when I looked through it. I'll give it a major scan today and see if I can relocate it. Sounds like it would be fun, been a long time since I have been in the heart of the wine country.

I already have my reservations for the Blitz and this will be my first BMW event. Really looking forward to it too and meeting all the great people I have talked to on here. Thanks again!

Ron

It is in the Headlight column by Vince Winkel on page 7 (seven)

Cheers!

Be careful in Hermann. Most of the folks who go there are winos. I did buy a fuel filter there one Sunday afternoon when the one in my bike clogged right after I fueled the bike. I think it was wine in the gas but never knew for sure.

Be careful in Hermann. Most of the folks who go there are winos. I did buy a fuel filter there one Sunday afternoon when the one in my bike clogged right after I fueled the bike. I think it was wine in the gas but never knew for sure.

I wonder if they still have a wine festival there every year. Back in the early 70's when my wife and I were living at Lake Of The Ozarks, we rode our Norton to the wine festival. I haven't owned that Norton in well over thirty years and I still curse it once in a while. It leaked, vibrated, had Lucas electrics, and weird tire sizes, I could go on and on. It was kind of fun to ride for short distances though.

Did I dream this or did I read somewhere that there was going to be a get away in Hermann Missouri sometime in May. I was telling my girlfriend about it and she thought that it would be fun to go and get her the details. Now I can't find where I read it, thus not getting her the information she needs. Maybe I was dreaming....maybe the voices really are out to get me..:dunno

Anyway, can someone enlighten me and save me from the voices....thanks!

Ron

You are correct! Hermann will be our second Weekend Getaway weekend. More details to come in the ON and on the web site. Attendance will be limited, so keep an eye out for when registration opens. :thumb

>Toadmanor It is in the Headlight column by Vince Winkel on page 7 (seven)
>Cheers!

OK thanks, I thought that I reall was losing there for a little while. Looked where you pointed me to and there is was. Thanks so much!

>PGlaves Be careful in Hermann. Most of the folks who go there are winos. I did buy a fuel filter there one Sunday afternoon when the one in my bike clogged >right after I fueled the bike. I think it was wine in the gas but never knew for sure.
Well heck, I will fit right in then, I am a wino from way back, well maybe not way back, but a far piece non the less. Hummm....wine in the gas tank, this may be a topic I have to start and see where it goes.......ewino85...85% Merlot, 15% grain alcohol.....replacement for E85 in our Beemers?

>GregFeeler You are correct! Hermann will be our second Weekend Getaway >weekend. More details to come in the ON and on the web site. Attendance will >be limited, so keep an eye out for when registration opens.
I am going to be watching, hopefully a little closer than when I was trying to find out where I saw it first. Managed to sign up for the Blitz, my first BMW rally, so be gentle with me, it is my first you know. Went to a lot of the Harley rallies in my younger and not so younger days and am ready for a change of pace. Thanks for the heads up.

Ron

SirRonny...enable private messaging in your profile so I can respond to yours...

I'd be in for a trip to Hermann sometime. I could scare up a date if it was a couples thing, or I'm plenty happy on my own. Wineries are a great place to meet people, and especially female people:clap:buds.

Crown Valley Winery near St. Genevieve (sp) is nice too.

Why did it get scheduled for Mothers Day weekend? Or is my outlook calendar hosed up?

Why did it get scheduled for Mothers Day weekend? Or is my outlook calendar hosed up?

Nope, it is Mothers Day and that may hose it for me. Not only that, but I am part of a food drive that always happens that weekend. I'll just wait and see I guess.

Ron

Wow. Well, if anyone wants to go a different time (and for just the cost of gas), let me know.

:ear

Are you organizing a scavenger hunt, will your get away include door prizes?
While it is free to go to Hermann, I'm sure there has to be some advantage in paying the 65 dollars. Who can explain?

It's also an extra $20 if you want to arrive one day early and spend the night camping Thursday before the rally.

Shoot, ours in Crane MO is only $20 for the weekend, & that includes 2 GOOD meals!

I resent that wino crack...a shoot,spilled the wine on computer again:bottle

Back