• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

My K16

Vagabird

A wandering Bird
Wednesday I went by the dealer to try the riding position of the GT and it was ready (and I was ready). It sure is a beautiful bike.

K16-001-L.jpg

The riding position is much like my R12RT. I can flat-foot the GT. I couldn't flat-foot the RT unless it was fully loaded.

K16-006-L.jpg

I had to trailer it home (or leave the car at the dealer 150 miles away).

K16-007-L.jpg

I won't have time to ride it until this weekend. I have an appointment for the break-in service on Tuesday, so I'll have put on 600 miles this weekend. Darn! :)bliss) But only 600 miles? :(

- Kate

Congratulations, that is an amazing looking machine! Something tells me you won't have any problem getting 600 miles under your belt this weekend :thumb

Hey, you look great on that bike!!! Congratulations.... and you know, 600 miles, 900 miles... it really doesn't make that much difference. :)

Ian

Hey, you look great on that bike!!! Congratulations.... and you know, 600 miles, 900 miles... it really doesn't make that much difference. :)

Ian

That's true. 600 miles over the weekend, and then 150 back to the dealer on Tuesday - that sounds like a reasonable break-in. :whistle

- Kate

What was your number from BMW?

Vagabird,

Great looking bike - I have EXACTLY the same bike on order. Do you know what your number from BMW is/was? I'm 51 overall so I'm hoping mine shows up soon.

Congrats!

Congrats!

My Grey GT, #59, is supposed to get to Omaha (NE) 'any day now'... Oh well :drink

What was your queue/sequence number, just out of curiosity?!

Vagabird,

Great looking bike - I have EXACTLY the same bike on order. Do you know what your number from BMW is/was? I'm 51 overall so I'm hoping mine shows up soon.

Congrats!

My Grey GT, #59, is supposed to get to Omaha (NE) 'any day now'... Oh well :drink

What was your queue/sequence number, just out of curiosity?!

Well, I don't know what to tell you guys :blush but I was #136. I ordered mine July 8th through BMW of Denver. I would guess location and prominence of the dealer has something to do with it. The dealer had two or three GTLs come in the same time as my GT - Tuesday, May 24. I talked to him late Tuesday and he said he had the techs working late trying to get the things put together. He had called me last Saturday (the 21st) to say that the bike had landed in New York. I don't know how it got to Denver so quickly.

Don't give up. Your bikes should be to you soon.

- Kate

Definitely the K16. I never get more than 35 mpg on the Civic, and I haven't yet gotten that little on the K16. :)

- Kate

Kate,

In the thread on gas mileage you have said the GT has averaged about 45 mpg for the 1000 miles you have ridden.

Is that using the computer reported figures, or is that actual gallons purchased over the 1000 miles?

I wish one or more of you rascals would hurry up and put 40 or 50 thousand miles on a K1600 so I can buy one used in 3 or 4 years... Please make it a blue one!

Rod

Hello From NYC

I ordered my GT back in October 2010, was number #176 and picked it up from Cross Country BMW on June 2, 2011.

Kate,

In the thread on gas mileage you have said the GT has averaged about 45 mpg for the 1000 miles you have ridden.

Is that using the computer reported figures, or is that actual gallons purchased over the 1000 miles?

I just got back from a 1,700 mile trip through the Colorado mountins. The computer said I got 47-48 mpg. Calculating actual gas bought, I got 48.4 mpg.

(In the beginning of the trip, the computer would say I was getting around 47. Toward the end of the trip it would sometimes say I was getting over 49. Perhaps the bike was still breaking in?)

I wish one or more of you rascals would hurry up and put 40 or 50 thousand miles on a K1600 so I can buy one used in 3 or 4 years... Please make it a blue one!

Rod

I'm working on it, Rod. :D

- Kate

Back