• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

In tank vent hoses

How often should in tank vent hoses be replaced? I have 1994 R1100RS 77,000 miles I bought bike 8/3/2010 had 27,000 miles on it. Thinking vent hoses at least 7 years old with 50,000 miles on them, they don't seem soft or seem to be deteriorating what is recommended service interval?
Thanks

How often should in tank vent hoses be replaced? I have 1994 R1100RS 77,000 miles I bought bike 8/3/2010 had 27,000 miles on it. Thinking vent hoses at least 7 years old with 50,000 miles on them, they don't seem soft or seem to be deteriorating what is recommended service interval?
Thanks

There is no recommended interval I am aware of. But, if you have the plate off and access to the hoses my opinion, at this age, is to replace them.

I just picked up some intank stuff at local dealer, little u shape that I brought last fall for $29 now $36 I think might have been more, two little 2 inch pieces $12 in tank vent hose came to $41. I got the stuff but did get ok to bring $41 stuff back if I want . Bike1994 R1100 RS

Last edited:
Hi guys, where is the best place to get new fuel lines ,a dealer or auto supply ? thanks in advance Jimmy:wave
They must have SAE30R10 or NBR/NBR specification.
These are rated for constant submersion
I get mine thru the dealer
Pressure - 16 12 1 180 040 FUEL HOSE 8mm id
Vent - 16 11 1 342 049 HOSE RUNNING 5mm id

Not cheap unfortunately.....

Back