• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Serious change of plans on ANDYVH. -7?? this morning! Holy Moly that is cold! That is crazy. I will have to wait until at least May when it warms up into the 40??s.

Trying to bring a little class to this joint :laugh....a pullout between Vancouver and Whistler. :ca

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 340
You just never let up, do ya!!!

OTOH, looks like some nice weather, but was that today?

If so, I'm green with envy! We had 9 straight days of solid fog and heavy overcast down here on the Hood Canal. FINALLY saw the sun for awhile yesterday... :banghead

Cheers! :groovy

PS. Mandarin Oranges are still faster than Pathetic Blue S bikes. :nyah

OTOH, looks like some nice weather, but was that today?

Uh...yeah! Sure was. Beautifully sunny and 25 degrees C - like it always is in Vancouver. :laugh Actually, the picture is from last year. We're getting similar weather to you. Got up to 9 C and sunny yesterday so I could have ridden. But I didn't. Cuz that Pacific Blue 1100S is almost too beautiful to get dirty. :D

Kinda thought that was the case!

Never ridden the road up to Whistler (hard to carry 4 people with ski gear on an S), perhaps I need to do that next summer. Ferry from PA to Victoria, ride the Island a bit, then ferry over to the mainland for a ride up to Whistler. Then maybe Mt. Baker on the way home.

SO many roads, so little time. :brow

Cheers!

Never ridden the road up to Whistler...

It has got to be one of the most spectacular rides in BC. The road is all new (thanks to the Olympics), well engineered, with plenty of curvy stuff to keep you interested. The views of Howe Sound and the mountains are without equal. You could, if you want, just ride up to my place and we can leave from here. About a 90 minute ride one way. Message me when you want to go!

It has got to be one of the most spectacular rides in BC. The road is all new (thanks to the Olympics), well engineered, with plenty of curvy stuff to keep you interested. The views of Howe Sound and the mountains are without equal. You could, if you want, just ride up to my place and we can leave from here. About a 90 minute ride one way. Message me when you want to go!

I've been up the road a few times, but always in cages. Last year made a visit with relatives, and was impressed how much the road had been improved since my last visit 15 years previously...definitely on my list of rides I'd like to do... ;)

I have owned 5 different Oil Heads. Here is a photo of my current S; it is typical of all 5. :laugh

i-jKWmbnr-M.jpg

I loved my R1150R (aka QuickSilver)....but then...I found my R1100S! :blah

But that IS a really cherry '50R! :hug

Cheers!

I like the "S" but I'm too darn old to fold tight enough to ride one. And changing the ergo's to fit would {IMO} ruin the motorcycle.

So I'll leave it you youngins'

I like the "S" but I'm too darn old to fold tight enough to ride one. And changing the ergo's to fit would {IMO} ruin the motorcycle.

So I'll leave it you youngins'

I rode Ducati's for 10 years, so an S bike feels almost like a Gold Wing in comparison. :whistle

And at 64, I'm hardly a youngin! ;)

my knees start complaining on my R11S after about 4,000 miles per week.

my shoulder (the one with only hints of cartilage) starts yelling much sooner than that. raising the bars to above the 3tree (moslty) resolved that issue.
58 in March.

Back