• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your Oilhead

Hey is this the place?

Is this where newb poseurs put pics of their bikes, or do I have to go to another thread?

2cb4eb7d89093bfeb484_14.jpg

2cb4eb7d89093bfeb484_5.jpg

1999, 51k miles. I will be riding it home from Florida this weekend.

Looks like I am back in the fold.

I also have a pic on the first and the last page of this thread, heh.

Last edited:
Hey Randy!! I am doing good. Hope you are well and staying away from deer. I am riding that RT back from Fla this weekend. Probably get drowned.

Looks like I am back in the fold.

I see you've upgraded to the geezer model - in the ever alluring Opal Blue Metallic color scheme.

Have a great ride bringing it home!

If you pass another Opal Blue Metallic R1100RT somewhere around Asheville, NC be sure to give me the secret geezer hand sign.

2004 r1150rt-p

Just bought this one and converted the rear seat. First BMW ever but not the last, I'm sure.

Andy Field
Oxford, MS

Attachments

• BMW in Birmingham.jpg
    BMW in Birmingham.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 739
Have to agree ..... I have always thought that color combo on the 2004 RS was one of the prettiest BMW has ever produced and those custom bags are the icing on the cake! :clap

Wow, that's nice! I like how the stripes match the angles of the bike. Are the bags custom painted to match? What kind of lights are those below the fairing?

Thanks I agree about the best looking bike BMW made. Yes custom painted bags and PIAA lights on an AutoSwitch. It also has both side brake/clutch RAM mounts, and two Powerlet plugs on the fairing. 44,000 mile and runs very good. I will zero the maintenance when I have a chance. Just got the peg lowering.

I am looking for head guards and tank bag. Also the feeler gauges:clap and other DIY maintenance Items. Any body got a shop manual they do not need. I have both airhead and brick head manuals to trade....

:clap:clap:clap

Thanks, Terrence! I've been converting her to Boxer Cup Prep specs. The bumblebee look is just for the heck of it :D

Rydor,

That's a gorgeous S, nice job! Too bad that wasn't a factory option, but on the other hand, good thing it wasn't!

Cheers! :thumb

Back