• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

This has probably been the best thread that I have read on here since I joined this bunch..(hasn't been a long time though) It's almost like mom's sharing the kids photo albums.. I absolutely love it.. and thanks for the info on mine. She now has a birthday to celebrate every year....

#154043 1993 K75s Mystic Red Metallic

Hey Gilly, I've got a question for you. I've got a '91K75s (sorry, not original litter), and just bought a solo seat, looks to be pretty much the same as yours (BMW stock). I had the Corbin stock seat on it, bought the solo as a spare while I send my Corbin to be recovered. When I took of the Corbin off to switch out the mounting gear, I noticed that Corbin had threaded posts installed on their seats, while the BMW seat has the reverse, square M6 nuts embedded in the seat. No problem, I just put some M6 bolts in, however, the back seat hinge has me a little baffled. The Corbin had one hinge, and I can't see what secures it to the seat...another hinge part? a simple nut and bolt won't do it, looks like there's something I'm missing. BTW, nice S!

Raleigh

Got the following in response to brhartw posting his bikes picture on "post a photo of your K-bike:

brhartw said:
98lee said:
brhartw:

Nice! Search this forum for "K75S Original Litter". What is the last 4 numbers of your VIN? That will tell when your bikes "birthday" was and which of us has your "littermates".

What state are you located in?

:dance :dance :dance

Last 4 digits are 0106. You have 3. Wow. Have you ridden the K1100lt and if so, what did you think? I love the K75 but think I would like more upright and wind protection. I have barbacks mounted which put me more upright than stock. The 1100lt looks massive compared to the 75S. I'm in So Cal, Orange County area.

Thanks, Brad

106!!!! Our bikes are littermates!! Our bikes are from the "original litter" (first month of production). Your bike was built in the first two weeks of production of U.S. Spec. K75Ss. May of 1986.

My bike was 25 bikes in front of yours on the assembly line.

That makes seven from the original litter of 325 that are owned by MOA members and have responded that they are still alive.

They only made 4600 Ss through all ten years of production. I would bet that there are considerably less than 3000 left based on the frequency that I see them being parted out on e-bay.

The k1100lt has a reputation of radiating alot of heat onto your legs and some have said that that factor alone is enough to not consider it for warm climates (SoCal).

You don't need wind protection. What you need is to wear earplugs. The S windscreen is better know as a wind noise generator. It puts turbulent air right at the base of your helmet and makes it VERY noisy. It actually gets quiet when you stand up! Try the earplugs. It makes riding these bikes a true joy. You will appreciate the smoothness even more.

The newest K75S???

My wifes 1994 K75SE (Dakar Yellow) is #154467. She loves the bike, her second K75s.

Last 500

My 93 is 154149 not one of the first to come to the US but it is one of the last 500.

It's interesting that from 86 until Oct 92 4070 were built then only 530 from then to Sep 94.

New owner to be....

I am buying a 1994 K75S and picking it up at the National in TN....how many K75S bikes will be coming?

Let's meet at the National Rally!

OK all you atendees, we should determine a location and time to meet for a group photo and some tire kickin' That would be a fun way to top off the rally! :buds

Mine is ...150589

Have no idea where this puts me or what I am now entitled to. Hope its a flat screen TV...

I won't be on my K75S at Johnson City, but would sure like to see a nice collection on display. If you all can pick a place and time for a meeting and display, we should be able to have some photos that could make it into the rally edition of the Owners News.

Have no idea where this puts me or what I am now entitled to. Hope its a flat screen TV...

#0589 A Black 1987 model US Spec K75S Born: October 1986 (sixth month of US Spec. Production)

You don't deserve another prize. Your prize is in your driveway. What a GORGEOUS bike!!!

Check out mrei2007's bike on "Post a picture of your K-bike" middle of pg 49. Looks like serious concours material.

But I told my wife we'd be getting a prize...

Yes, I know, this bike is the prize, fo sho. She's at the dealer right now having new tires put on, next week a new Wilbers shock and appropriate fork springs arrive and I'll be all set after I install them.

Thinking about Johnson City, just need to check out more details.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments on the bike, she is a beaut...

Yes, I know, this bike is the prize, fo sho. She's at the dealer right now having new tires put on, next week a new Wilbers shock and appropriate fork springs arrive and I'll be all set after I install them.

Thinking about Johnson City, just need to check out more details.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments on the bike, she is a beaut...

Great looking bike....is that a Corbin Gunfighter seat? If so, what does it give you for seat height?

Bev

Well it looks like I'm in: 150232. It is still starting everyday and runs like a dream. The body work is rough and I am missing the right side battery cover. I am going to try to have it all in order before Johnson City. I only live a little south of there (much nearer the Dragon and the Skyway). I would love to get in on the photo-op. And thanks for the info on the VIN's, didn't know the bike was so special!

Last edited:
Well it looks like I'm in: 150232

DING DING DING!!!:clap :clap :clap Give the man a cupie doll! ORIGINAL LITTER!!!!:deal :bow :bow :bow

# 0232 K75S Born: May 1986 (1st month of US Spec production):buds :buds :buds Marakesh Red??

35634 has #0231 So his was in the crib right next to yours!!! That makes 10 First month US Spec K75Ss on this forum.

We need to have a family reunion!:bar

If the Klassic K Kampout was on the correct coast that would work.:stick

Oh well, everyone over to my house next weekend.:bottle :lurk :kbasa :rocker

The bike is of course the fastest color. And since we're on the subject, a good source for the original paint? I am a decent painter but need to know who can do the color. And it was a single stage and not clear coated, correct?

Back