• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Muriel hits the 300,000 mile mark~

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
In the Max BMW newsletter today there was an article on Muriel Farrington's hitting the 300,000 mile mark :thumb

fd25f339-e985-4303-912a-80229fdccd63.jpg

From the site-

Muriel Farrington receives
300,000 Mile award!

We were proud to deliver the BMW Motorrad 300,000 mile award certificate to customer Muriel Farrington. She joins a small but distinguished group of riders who have 300,000 documented miles on their BMW Motorcycles.

A huge congratulations to Muriel!

:clap :clap

om

Curious, not bragging

300K on "a" BMW motorcycle or on several?

My last R80RT was sold with my butt in it for 160K and then my R100RT with 120K and then a K100RT with 80K. Collectively, I would guess I'm over 1M miles in a BMW saddle.

How does one go about showing and providing empirical proof the miles said in the saddle are the miles?

How does one go about showing and providing empirical proof the miles said in the saddle are the miles?

The plaque in Muriel's picture is from BMWNA, they also send you 2 medallions.
A dealer needs to send this info to BMWNA.
They like to have a list of the bikes, VIN and mileage for each bike.
On time I was missing a VIN and they still sent me the award.

Kurt's link has a form you can send to the MOA for a sticker and patch from BMWMOA.

300,000 Mile.jpg

300,000 Miles.jpg

Besides her prowess and devotion to BMW riding, she's a wonderful, friendly, and gracious person. She was also recently named a BMW MOA Ambassador, too! Here she is at the Yankee Beemers Holiday Bash:

DSC_4061.jpg

See you at the Fontana Getaway Muriel!

Multiple bikes are fine, of course. You will need VIN's for each one and mileage for each one. I always kept a log of each bike in the form of a Word document on the computer and made entries for work I did or was done by others to the bike, with the date and odometer readings. That's how I kept track, along with some shop receipts.

Harry

300K on "a" BMW motorcycle or on several?

My last R80RT was sold with my butt in it for 160K and then my R100RT with 120K and then a K100RT with 80K. Collectively, I would guess I'm over 1M miles in a BMW saddle.

Yoda,

Do you have copies of the title when you sold these bikes? That may include the mileage at each transaction.

When I submitted for Annie I took pictures of the odometers on her three bikes. They were all purchased new with less than ten miles on the odometers. The BMW computer system can confirm purchase date and mileage, as well as the date and mileage of anyother time the bike was at a dealership for service/warranty work. The only other bike she had put mileage on was sold, but the dealer accepted my numbers for that bike. I suspect that it depends on the individual dealer, but I think most accept the rider's input if they know the person and the numbers seem plausible.

In the Max BMW newsletter today there was an article on Muriel Farrington's hitting the 300,000 mile mark :thumb

fd25f339-e985-4303-912a-80229fdccd63.jpg

From the site-

Muriel Farrington receives
300,000 Mile award!

We were proud to deliver the BMW Motorrad 300,000 mile award certificate to customer Muriel Farrington. She joins a small but distinguished group of riders who have 300,000 documented miles on their BMW Motorcycles.

A huge congratulations to Muriel!

:clap :clap

om

Wow - that's a great achievement! :dance

Back