• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Go get 'em

There is an old joke that many are aware of - 'how can you tell if a (insert group - politician, lawyer, used car sales man) is lying? - their lips are moving.' Thanks to the antics of Washington in the last several years, I have 'sort of' concluded that all of our legislators are of that group and can't be trusted any further than I can throw my lathe.

Appears that this representative is an example that I (we) can't throw a blanket on a situation. God bless her for her service.

Although she is correct, it is the fault of the government and lack of proper oversight, IMHO. And that is CONGRESSES fault! Yes you can question the moral decision the gentleman made, but ALL kinds of businesses, incl multi-billion $$ corps. (exxon, GE etc.) Millionaire Individuals (Mitt Romney, Warren Buffett) all do the same, some are rallying for reform (hint, it isn't the Politician).

All people take "advantage" of situations, morally correct or not. I know local businessmen that are taking every special tax break, grant etc, in the name of creating jobs locally, while outsourcing suppliers from the US to China to save a few pennies in production costs. Yes, they created 10 jobs locally, while displacing hundreds of workers in PA, OH, MO, and other areas of NY. Bottom line is a net fewer US jobs, while profits of the local company rise due to all the benefits.

What we need is not less Government, but smarter more efficient government. And until we all realize we are in this together, it will be "what can I gain from it"

What would you do??? He just used the programs to help him be competitive, that ARE legally available to him.

We have meet the enemy, and he is us!! POGO

I too applaud her service & feel for her resultant physical loss. I felt that she lowered herself (somewhat:scratch) to the level of the slime ball she was addressing(who lied/cheated to make money off the taxpayers) in making a "thing" out of her personal story.I'm not chasing a way to fault her , just would have liked a different approach . I would have been more comfortable with her having chosen to make a suggestion that his lie flew in the face of "ALL" those who have made various sacrifices, not just using hers as the platform. Maybe call it a desire for a more nuanced approach? All for one/one for all in that arena of our veterans sacrifices is my point that he in fact, mocked all who made a sacrifice, not just her. I can name(not allowed here?) several politicos & one in particular (that's still living) that used their personal experience & disability as a proactive platform for vets.
I do fully agree that like the IRS "thing" , where were the watchdogs? It would seem that the IG is as inept as the agency they were supposed to be watching? I saw the same thing here in KY this week when our IG said she was "still investigating" in a situation where a local to me hwy mowing contractor was using "gifts" to the guv, etc. to gain lucrative contracts and influence the award process. Her "still investigating" had been going on several years...:laugh

Although she is correct, it is the fault of the government and lack of proper oversight, IMHO. And that is CONGRESSES fault! Yes you can question the moral decision the gentleman made, but ALL kinds of businesses, incl multi-billion $$ corps. (exxon, GE etc.) Millionaire Individuals (Mitt Romney, Warren Buffett) all do the same, some are rallying for reform (hint, it isn't the Politician).

All people take "advantage" of situations, morally correct or not. I know local businessmen that are taking every special tax break, grant etc, in the name of creating jobs locally, while outsourcing suppliers from the US to China to save a few pennies in production costs. Yes, they created 10 jobs locally, while displacing hundreds of workers in PA, OH, MO, and other areas of NY. Bottom line is a net fewer US jobs, while profits of the local company rise due to all the benefits.

What we need is not less Government, but smarter more efficient government. And until we all realize we are in this together, it will be "what can I gain from it"

What would you do??? He just used the programs to help him be competitive, that ARE legally available to him.

We have meet the enemy, and he is us!! POGO

A sprained ankle is a disabling condition & a legal declaration?:scratch:scratch:scratch I had a bunch of those & a couple turned black-maybe I should be on free something? I'll stick to the less gov. (& hopefully efficient too)is better idea & hope I'm not doghousing a decent conversation here?:lurk

Back