• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lots of Hams , it seems....

NI5L

I have noticed quite a few signatures and avatar sigs with ham calls in them.

How many are we?

I've been licensed since 1972.

73 de NI5L

Count me in. First got my Novice in 1961 (I remember some of the QST's they show in the Fifty Years Ago column...). Haven't been too active of late but still have a station.

73 de Mark AA7TA

Yes there are a few die-hards. There are a couple of other threads..
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=58719&highlight=wb1giw
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=42796&highlight=wb1giw
If there is interest, I'll merge them all together. I still have quite a few rigs running.
DE WB1GIW Gary

Gary,

Boy do I feel silly. I guess I should have done a search. :banghead

Thanks for the links.

Merging them sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Confirmed my suspicion that there are a bunch of HAMS in the MOA ranks.

Cool. :thumb

Gary,

Boy do I feel silly. I guess I should have done a search. :banghead

Thanks for the links.

Merging them sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Confirmed my suspicion that there are a bunch of HAMS in the MOA ranks.

Cool. :thumb
Not at all. The search feature needs a key word that hasn't been used (common) in every thread. I knew they were there and tried a couple of times and finally had to use my call as a search word to pull the threads up. The search is nice but sometimes not completely instantly effective. .... ..

Got interested in high school, my first girlfriends dad had a great rig in his basement.

Didn't get around to getting my ticket until April, 2011. Got involved with a local club and joined ARES. Going for "General" soon.

Living in a remote area, no cell service in over 90% of the County, the three repeaters we have are a great safety back-up.

Back