• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Does anyone know if there is a softcopy R1200RT 2008 owners manual available?

I asked BMW NA about this almost a year ago. Owners manuals for BMW automobiles are available on the bmwusa.com web site, so I asked if motorcycle manuals would also be available. I got the usual brush off from their "customer service" rep. If you find a source let us all know.

Manual

Call A&S BMW at 1-800-689-9893 and have the last 7 digits of your VIN at hand.
They should be able to take care of your request. I just ordered an owners' manual for my R1200R last week, spoke to Fred at their order desk.

Hans V.

I asked BMW NA about this almost a year ago. Owners manuals for BMW automobiles are available on the bmwusa.com web site, so I asked if motorcycle manuals would also be available. I got the usual brush off from their "customer service" rep. If you find a source let us all know.

There is a source... but I can't find it right now. :banghead One of the European dealers, or perhaps it was one of the national BMW organizations, had PDFs of the Rider's manuals for the various bikes on line in multiple languages. At least that was true last year.

Downloadable riders manuals

Marchyman is correct. There are manuals in PDF format to download at BMW Motorrad Denmarks website, see here:

http://www.bmw-motorrad.dk/dk/da/index.html

Click on the 'Service' menu, then 'downloade manualer'

Moderators: Please delete this thread if I am breaching any copyright rules, etc.

Awesome, thank you.

I don't think you are breeching any copyright laws since this is from a BMW site. You didn't copy the manual and post it. (My opinion and I am not a lawyer).

Life saver!

Thanks for the link to the manual online. I bought my 07 RT used and there was no owner's manual with it (how do you lose that, especially in one year and only 4000 miles?) This PDF is exactly what I need. I appreciate the effort to ferret out these resources and make them available.

this link seems to no longer point at a pdf service manual

would someone be able to send me one? please PM me for email address :)

I guess I didn't make the distinction. I google that and found other sites...probably best thing to do is check with your favorite dealer.

I have both the DVD and Haynes from when I had an 07 RT and an 08 R. The Haynes answered just about all my questions and is far more convenient to use than the DVD.

Thanks all. I will order a Haynes manual from my go to parts folks motorwerks uk along with pivot bearings and other bits I need.

Back