• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shopping in Gillette?

beemerPhil

Stage Crew
I've been there, but not for years- what stores are in or near Gillette? Is there a Wally World? REI? Home Depot?

Can I buy all the stuff I want at the rally but don't want to pack/ship?

Google maps to the rescue.
There's a walmart and kmart, and I'd guess other crap retailers, in Gillette. Those two are just south of the interstate off exit 126.

look here

and I'd guess other crap retailers

Scott, this reminded me of the old George Carlin routine about "sh_t".

Everybody needs a wide variety of crap on hand. :)
And while I'm not in love with the place, Wally Mart has saved my butt several times.

What I fear more than the absence of shopping venues, is the absence of GRASS. And I mean the soft green kind that my tent loves.

green, soft grass

What I fear more than the absence of shopping venues, is the absence of GRASS. And I mean the soft green kind that my tent loves.

From what I saw, there is plenty of "good" grass in the majority of spots around the facility. We might want to remind Karol to make sure the sprinklers can be shut off for a few days!:stick

Some of the outer campgrounds like box elder have tough ol wyoming grass w/o sprinklers, but still plenty to get you throught the night.

From what I saw, there is plenty of "good" grass in the majority of spots around the facility. We might want to remind Karol to make sure the sprinklers can be shut off for a few days!:stick

Some of the outer campgrounds like box elder have tough ol wyoming grass w/o sprinklers, but still plenty to get you throught the night.

Hmmm....dale, where are you putting your tent?? Maybe I'll have them leave on one sprinkler :bolt

Wally world, alias WalMart:)

Sure did some good business at two National Rallies I went to. Ohio and Wisconsin, both had WalMarts nearby and BMW's were parked everywhere out front. Mine too. The money I save there shopping is going in my GAS Tank, this year! When I need something quick and cannot find it anywhere else, WalMart usually has it. A good store, imo:thumb Randy"Polarbear":usa

There's coal. Lots of coal. If you are shopping for coal, you should be able to find some. All you could ever want. Buckets and buckets of coal. Be sure to take some home with you. Maybe not in Wal Mart, but nearby.

Back