• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I've Been Looking But Where Are You?

Paul_F

RK Ryder
Early next week I will be riding out to Salt Lake City to help with the set up for the Crossroads' Rally on Monday, July 10th.

In past years there has been a tremendous number of individuals who have contacted me and other rally committee chairs, to volunteer some of their time during the rally. Of course many people wait until the rally begins and volunteer on site. This year, the numbers of committed volunteers prior to the rally is lower than usual. Just wondering why? Could it be the the distance, the temperatures or other factors? :dunno

Paul

Paul F. Ruffell
2017 MOA’s Crossroads of the WEST Volunteer Chair
saltlake.volunteers@gmail.com or rallyvolunteers@bmwmoa.org

Early next week I will be riding out to Salt Lake City to help with the set up for the Crossroads' Rally on Monday, July 10th.

In past years there has been a tremendous number of individuals who have contacted me and other rally committee chairs, to volunteer some of their time during the rally. Of course many people wait until the rally begins and volunteer on site. This year, the numbers of committed volunteers prior to the rally is lower than usual. Just wondering why? Could it be the the distance, the temperatures or other factors? :dunno

Paul

Paul F. Ruffell
What you're reporting is quite troubling. Hopefully, it's a onetime event.

I responded to a request for volunteers made on the forum by sending an email to an address provided for that purpose; no response. Perhaps there are other similar issues. I'll volunteer on site.

I responded to a request for volunteers made on the forum by sending an email to an address provided for that purpose; no response. Perhaps there are other similar issues. I'll volunteer on site.

Kevin, I am disappointed to hear that you did not receive a response. I prefer to have as many people as possible signed up in advance. It reduces the stress of the committee chairs, as well as mine.

What you're reporting is quite troubling. Hopefully, it's a onetime event.

Not necessarily troubling for the rally, but definitely more work for our Volunteer Committee during the Rally.

I'm waiting till I show up.

I understand this to be a reasonable response to volunteering as it will allow you to check out the rally booklet to allow you to schedule helping around seminars or other activities in which you wish to partake.

We do have volunteers signed up, but just not as many ahead of schedule as in the past couple of years. I have been at these nationals where we signed most volunteers onsite and folks were certainly willing to help.

Please visit the Volunteers' Booth/Tables where you will be most welcome! :dance

Paul

Paul F. Ruffell

Same for me - I had volunteered for a Security gig - but no response. As luck would have it, i now cannot ride for health reasons and will not be at the Rally at all.

Same for me - I had volunteered for a Security gig - but no response. As luck would have it, i now cannot ride for health reasons and will not be at the Rally at all.

This I find to be troubling; not responding to volunteers who are willing to commit to the rally in advance.

If there should be others who have had similar experiences, please let me know, along with the committees that failed to answer your offer to volunteer. To me, this is totally unacceptable.

Through several different venues, I attempt to enlist as many volunteers as possible prior to the rally and have them contact the chair of the committee that they are interested in helping. Whether this is a link that is incorrect and not connecting or the link works but someone fails to respond to a volunteer, this glich needs to be corrected. Too late for this year's rally, but something I need to know so as it is not repeated for future rally volunteer recruitment.

Paul

Paul F. Ruffell

I've spoken to a few friends who like me are waiting to see about the weather. If the 103F they are calling for on Thursday becomes the norm instead of the outlier some of us are out.

One thing I've been wondering for awhile. Is there a reason all the volunteering is not setup through Eventbrite the same way as Registration. I've done registration a couple times just for the ease of using that system. No emailing back and forth. Just pick the time you want and signup.

I've spoken to a few friends who like me are waiting to see about the weather. If the 103F they are calling for on Thursday becomes the norm instead of the outlier some of us are out.

One thing I've been wondering for awhile. Is there a reason all the volunteering is not setup through Eventbrite the same way as Registration. I've done registration a couple times just for the ease of using that system. No emailing back and forth. Just pick the time you want and signup.

I really can't answer that. Last year I promoted Eventbrite to the committee chairs that they use it as registration as been doing. To my knowledge, no one did other than Roger Trendowski who uses it. He's been using it very successfully for several years now.

Certainly would make my task easier!

Paul

Paul F. Ruffell

I really can't answer that. Last year I promoted Eventbrite to the committee chairs that they use it as registration as been doing. To my knowledge, no one did other than Roger Trendowski who uses it. He's been using it very successfully for several years now.

Certainly would make my task easier!

Paul

Paul F. Ruffell

Looks like it is in place:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-moa-rally-registration-volunteers-tickets-31400492719

Harry

Ready to Work

Well, not quite. But, I am a few blocks away from the site and will set up tent tomorrow and report for work making signs. Where are you now Paul? PM me if you like.

And, let me add that doing some volunteer work is a way to enhance the rally experience. You meet other great people who volunteer and others who need your help.

Back