• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in Niagara

craigdunwurkin

Hi all. I just upgraded to a 2017 RT and found this forum. I have already picked up a lot of information in advance of the 2019 riding season. I hope to get together with some other like minded motorad types in Southern Ontario or northern NY State.

Craig...

Welcome to the forum and BMW, Craig! There's a good BMW club in your region...enjoy!!

Welcome to the forum!
When I first saw the post I thought it read Nicaragua :eek
Might have needed a GS :wave
Gary

Hola Craig. Oh wait, Niagara not Nicaragua. Well welcome from the Hudson Valley.

Friedle

Hi all. I just upgraded to a 2017 RT and found this forum. I have already picked up a lot of information in advance of the 2019 riding season. I hope to get together with some other like minded motorad types in Southern Ontario or northern NY State.

Craig...

Welcome to the Forum Craig!

If you wish to meet up with some like minded BMW Riders in the Niagara region, here is an invitation for this Sunday in Welland, Ontario.

"Good morning....and Happy New Year everyone!

Well, here we are in another brand new year, MMXIX.....or better known as 2019!

We hope that this year brings you health and happiness, love and laughter.....and of course, many, many miles of safe riding, fabulous scenery, and wonderful memories made.
Please remember that our monthly breakfast meeting is this Sunday, Jan. 13 at the Blue Star Restaurant in Welland at 9:00 am.

Hope to see you all there!

Dutch & Kate"

Cheers!

Paul

Please remember that our monthly breakfast meeting is this Sunday, Jan. 13 at the Blue Star Restaurant in Welland at 9:00 am.

Hope to see you all there!

Dutch & Kate"

Cheers!

Paul

Thanks for the invite Paul, I may not be able to make this meeting as I am playing hockey, but if that falls through, I will make it down. I know the blue star well. If I miss it, let me know of the feb meeting so I can make that one.

Craig, welcome from the Capitol District of New York State. :wave I'm not sure how you'd define "Northern New York" but here is a link to an article on some great riding/rides in the Lake Placid region. We've ridden the area and it makes for a nice mini holiday on the bike. Perhaps we'll run into you as we also try to get at least one ride in around Southwestern NYS each season as well.

Thanks for the article, it will be a great read. Yeah that is the area I am thinking of because I have heard so many great things about it. I have been to lake placid skiing many years ago, and was very impressed with the roads, in so far as how twisty and scenic they appeared in the snow. We laughed at the low speed limit 45 mph(in Ontario on many of the 400 series highways if you are doing 120 km/hr, you get run over), but quickly realized that you could not go faster than the posted limit anyway. It does sound like a good way to have a 4 or 5 day trip. Thanks again for the article.

Back