• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW GS articles

7gs

I'm 81. A few months ago my 12GS was getting a bit heavy so I sold it and bought a 7GS. Just returned from a 6k mile ride in central and eastern Europe on the 7GS. Do I miss the 12? Yes but the 7 is still nice and it let's me keep riding. Ride what you have. RIDE!

You're right, Chris. Even I forgot that the lowly F bikes were the last sad downward rung on the BMW hierarchical order. Please, BMW Motorad, put them out of their misery!

You guys are forgetting the scooters!

I think I saw the spy shots of the new C650GS!:rolleyes so the scooters might not be the bottom of the heap, just kidding no spy shots , so scooters still the bottom.

The GS is the number one selling bike for a reason. I recently purchased a GSA, and was surprised to find that BMW has hidden a sport bike disguised as a GS under the skin! While the bike can be used off road it's absolutely a blast to use the gear assist pro, to rocket out of the curves. The upright seating position gives all day comfort, and the wide handlebars enable effortless steering through the twistees. I absolutely love all the electronic wizardry, ABS Pro, and dynamic ESA are fantastic, not to mention Rides Modes Pro, that now offer 5 different configurations for throttle and chassis setup. GPS is now integrated into the bike and provides enhanced bike functions, as well as superb mapping. The technology makes this bike the best I've ever ridden, the wethead boxer provides all the power needed to make this a great sport bike. :dance

GS Articles

The GS is the number one selling bike for a reason. I recently purchased a GSA, and was surprised to find that BMW has hidden a sport bike disguised as a GS under the skin! While the bike can be used off road it's absolutely a blast to use the gear assist pro, to rocket out of the curves. The upright seating position gives all day comfort, and the wide handlebars enable effortless steering through the twistees. I absolutely love all the electronic wizardry, ABS Pro, and dynamic ESA are fantastic, not to mention Rides Modes Pro, that now offer 5 different configurations for throttle and chassis setup. GPS is now integrated into the bike and provides enhanced bike functions, as well as superb mapping. The technology makes this bike the best I've ever ridden, the wethead boxer provides all the power needed to make this a great sport bike. :dance

I couldn't agree more
My first BMW ever,
After riding one on a Spain FrancePyrenees tour Im stunned and now drink the cool aide
as to all of the above,I remember them as stodgy old mans mounts,not anymore
In 50 years of motorcycling my 1300 miles from new in October 2017 GS LC is the finest most versatile bike I've ever had,
Now instead of turning back on every dirt road I pass now I can go down them if I choose.
If it gets too gnarly I can still turn back! Never got far on my Concours C-14 before I spun around.
The GS is super comfy on the slab and corners like a sport bike,Big time torque monster
I'm rambling
Ps. I also don't get the GSA thing ......I'd feel like a poseur
If your trying to make a big dirt bike better why would you make it bigger and heavier??
also don't get Harley's either but thats I new perhaps a new thread

Back