• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Why couldn't Mark have won!?

S

screwtop

Damn, it seems like Mark Martin can't get a break:banghead. I was coming out of my skin watching the green, white, checker when Harvick edged him out for the win. I've followed Mark for years, and while he's had his share of wins, he always seems to be the nice guy that finishes second, or in the top 10. Hopefully, the 01 chevy will work well for him this year, although I think he is running an abbreviated schedule.

Yeah, alot of disappointment among us MM fans. I'll be surprised if someone doesn't take Kyle Busch out behind the woodshed. He must have caused $10, 000, 000. damage with his antics. If he had stayed in line and pushed Mark, he would have had a guaranteed 2nd!

Seeing it from my view overhead, it was just an old fashioned drag race. Harvick had the horses this time. Beacause Martin is a class act, he didn't run 29 into the grass like Tony or Jr. . I'm dissapointed too. I like to see the nice guys finnish first once in a while.

Seeing it from my view overhead, it was just an old fashioned drag race. Harvick had the horses this time. Beacause Martin is a class act, he didn't run 29 into the grass like Tony or Jr. . I'm dissapointed too. I like to see the nice guys finnish first once in a while.

Yeah, Mark always races guys clean....almost to a fault. The Brothers Busch really pissed on their own shoes. How 'bout Tony? His anger management classes must be working (for the time being, anyway). It'll be interesting to see when that ticking time bomb explodes.

I think that had the 5 stayed behind Mark, Mark would have had a much better chance of winning. When Shrub moved up the track to try and block the 29, Mark's push was gone and he had to try and rely entirely on horse power. The 29 had a better line coming into the tri-oval.

As for the Busch brothers, I think Kyle (aka Shrub) has matured quite a bit over the off-season. He still has a lot to learn and a lot of respect to earn but overall, I think he did better this time around than he has in the past. As for Kurt, there was nothing he could to to avoid wrecking when he did. If he brakes when Smoke wobbled, his brother gets him and the the 2 and the 5 wreck with no guarantees that they don't take Smoke with them. Kurt did lift but it was not enough to counter Smoke's loss of momentum.

What I didn't like about Kurt was his complaining about Smoke being out of control on lap 40 when the 20 was trying to get around the 2. Personally, I thought the 2 was blocking the 20. Lap 40 is too early in the race to be protecting your position at the front. I think Kurt needs to grow up a bit more before he becomes likeable.

Just my thoughts on the Daytona 500.. As of this writing --- 362 days until the Daytona 500. :thumb

PS. "I need a bunny"

NASCAR and the WWF are all pulled from the same book. It was nice to see the Toyota's run in the back of the pack.

NASCAR and the WWF are all pulled from the same book. It was nice to see the Toyota's run in the back of the pack.

+1

Although I tried to tape it, i got nothing but 3 hours of Speed drivel. My only question: What lap did JPM go out on and on whom did he blame it?

Back