• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fix for the heat issue F800gt

ahd43

Yesterday my wife test rode a 2013 F800GT.

We were 15 miles or so in and she said to me " this thing is burning my legs"

I did a search and sure enough others have complained too about the heat.

My question....has anyone come up with a fix?

Thanks

Thanks

After reading your link and others I've found there doesn't seem to be a fix for it.

Time to look at another bike.

So what kind of things you looking for in a new bike for your wife? How long, experience, is she? You can send me a PM if you wish. Eugene Kraemer

Thanks

After reading your link and others I've found there doesn't seem to be a fix for it.

Time to look at another bike.

Fix is don't hug the frame and tank with your legs..

Seriously, I and several others on the F800 Riders forum don't have any issues at all and I live in the desert Southwest. The only time it gets hot for me is 105 deg in stop and go traffic. It is cooler than my RT windblocker for sure, and hence my default summer bike.

Those who said they ride with legs squeezing the tank and frame spars had problems with the heat, as the frame gets really hot. I had to actually take a ride to realize my legs aren't even close to the tank (1-2" away). So I get airflow and don't touch the hot frame spars. Of course riding pants can also help but I really believe a lot it comes down to the way one rides.

Sometimes in over 85' riding, to cool off I spread my knees out about 1 to 2 inches. It does help cooling down.

Back