• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Spring Break 2010

atlbmw

ok, so, I don't exactly have a spring break. But, my GF and another couple do have spring break.
Where shall we go? What shall we do?

I called Pike's Peak and they said there is still usually snow on the mountain and roads. So, I'm thinking that the peaks of Colorado may be off-limits for me.

We're flying out and plan on renting a bike for 3 days. 300-500 mile days are good for us depending on the roads.

Any help is appreciated!

Merry Christmas!

ok, so, I don't exactly have a spring break.
Any help is appreciated!

Not enough info...

Yer in GA and flying to CO? Or you can go anywhere?
When is Spring Break? March? April? May? :scratch

High Altitudes are dubious in the Spring. Spring snow storms in the Rockies are fairly common.

Anyway... More info is needed.

I went west last spring break.

Some of it was warm, some of it was really cold.

The Grand Canyon still had ice/snow all over, and of the 3 nights we camped there, it was 14, 10 and like 19 degrees F respectively.

I don't really have any advice, except... DON'T TAKE THE GREYHOUND.

ok, so, I don't exactly have a spring break. But, my GF and another couple do have spring break.
Where shall we go? What shall we do?

hey theo, how's it going?

you might check out the big bend national park area in texas... it's probably warm enough down there then.

we went once around new year and had a great time.

ian

you might check out the big bend national park area in texas... it's probably warm enough down there then.

ian

Hey ian, speaking of spring, have you given any thought to Ride2Q round two? just wondering... Kenny...

ian

That's the place. But watch out. It will grab hold of your heart!

Voni
sMiling

Back