• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Estimated Sale Price

rbouillion

Planning my test ride of the new K1600B this week and I'm interested in what I can expect the sale price to be below the MSRP, anyone purchase one here recently and if so, what did the dealer knock off of the MSRP?

Brand new to the club and the forum.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Thanks for Reply

There are slim margins. Maybe 2 or three3 percent. Work with and trust a good dealer.

Thanks, only 3 dealers in Louisiana and I'm not familiar with either. Closest to me is Baton Rouge where they have only one B model in stock. Shreveport dealership has 3 in stock while New Orleans has 0.

Welcome to the forum!
I have good results paying the asking (reasonable) and having accessories or extended warranty(s) included.
Good luck.
Gary

Planning my test ride of the new K1600B this week and I'm interested in what I can expect the sale price to be below the MSRP, anyone purchase one here recently and if so, what did the dealer knock off of the MSRP?

The Bagger is a new model so you may have a hard time getting a discount on the bike itself.
Welcome to BMW and the forum.

Lee's right.

Being a newer model the demand is going to be higher, a dealer can wait you out for a higher margin elsewhere. There's always a guy that wants it more than you do. Because shiny.

Some people will sell that bike you talked about over the phone right after you hang up.

BMW dealers here in the Phoenix area are not discounting the K1600B's; they seem to be selling very well at full MSRP. As mentioned, ask for extended warranty or discount on farkles.

DB

Brand new to the club and the forum.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I've been shopping the same bike, and my experience, with talking to three Florida dealers is full MSRP plus dealer fees.

I've visited several dealers in Florida and had informal conversations with the sales reps. The Bagger model is a good seller for them, most dealerships have limited stock, most take orders for them. Expect to pay full retail and possibly dealer fees too. The Grand America hasn't been a big seller, you could probably get a good deal on one, if you are interested in that model.

I wouldn't expect a dealer to budge on the MSRP but look for your discounts in dealer installed accessories and gear. This model is in demand. If a local dealer is not able to move it at full MSRP it will be hounded to dealer trade it to one who needs one. BMW Canada posted its June sales and listed the K1600B and the R1200GS as their top sales performers.

Depending on the model, dealer cost is about 89 -91% of MSRP. But the actual cost you can expect to pay will depend on the model, inventory and time of year.

For instance I paid $17.1K total for a new fully optioned 2016 R1200RS and that included the side cases. There was also a $1K BMW factory incentive offered at the time.

I called around on December 31st, made my offer and had 2 dealers accept $17K. I went with the dealer that had the bags in stock and picked the bike up the very next day.

That was the 2nd best deal I ever made on a brand new BMW.

164913874.jpg

from Planet Dirt

Hi, and welcome:
I agree with H2onutz.The Grand America in terms of engine and mechanics is the same bike and for some reason hasn't been a good seller.
If you see the picture of both bikes in BMW Motorrad website, take the top case /back rest off to the Grand America and it will look very similar to the Bagger. The Grand America is a more luxurious touring bike and that is why the price tag is higher.
I know you are in Luisiana, but let me tell you this: I've been in BMW Orlando, Daytona and Tampa and they all have the Grand America. Daytona had 10 or 15 at the time of my visit and they were selling it 0 % APR.......Orlando only had a hand full but same thing,,,,0% APR.......They also had a few GS .......0% APR. They do banking with BMW Bank.....so it doesn't matter where you are......if you want you can buy the bike here.
........and enjoy the ride.

Dan

Update on the purchase price of K1600B

I've visited several dealers in Florida and had informal conversations with the sales reps. The Bagger model is a good seller for them, most dealerships have limited stock, most take orders for them. Expect to pay full retail and possibly dealer fees too. The Grand America hasn't been a big seller, you could probably get a good deal on one, if you are interested in that model.

I rode up to Palm Bay BMW (Florida) for service on my motorcycle and while I was waiting I spoke to a salesperson regarding the K1600B. This time of year the dealer was most eager to "deal" on the price of the bike. They were offering a good price on my trade and several thousand off MSRP on the new one. In my prior discussions with dealers their attitude was full MSRP because they had limited stock and would sell them quickly.
The salesperson I spoke with is Daniel.

https://bmwmcofpalmbay.com/

Back