• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75S Original Litter

3492 Born January 1992. The black ones are sooo sexy!:heart

Check out # 3309, a close cousin of your bike:hug from Sept. 1991, (Dick's Bike) on post #57 of this thread.

Welcome to the family.:clap:clap:clap

POST PICTURES!!!!

:dance:dance:dance

Funny, though I did attempt to post a photo. I could not get it to load. Maybe it exceeds the size?

That would be an extremely rare K75S if it was built in '96!! Of course you mean 1986.:deal

What a Beautiful bike!!:thumb

Welcome back to the family.:buds:buds:buds No need telling you what great bikes these are.

Thanks, October 1986 is the correct date of manufacture. I guess I can't believe it was that long ago.

Original Litter '87 K75S

Here she is:

Any idea of what windshield is installed? It seems to work pretty well but I usualy wear EAR plugs on longer rides.

I'm gonna need to purchase some touch up paint. The paint number is: 616 Any suggestions on whre to buy?

Attachments

• K75S.jpg
    K75S.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 174
Here she is:

Any idea of what windshield is installed? It seems to work pretty well but I usualy wear EAR plugs on longer rides.

I'm gonna need to purchase some touch up paint. The paint number is: 616 Any suggestions on whre to buy?

I believe that is a Parabellum.

The number on your bike (616) is the paint SCHEME #. The actual paint CODE for paint SCHEME #616 is Paint code #204.

I might have a line on a touch up tube. PM me with your e-mail or phone#.

Guess mine belongs in this thread, too!

Bev,

Welcome to the family :hug. You're going to really enjoy that bike. Two of your litter mates have already checked in:

Quickdraw from Stockton, California has 154455:brad

Doglips from Ironwood , Michigan has 154467:brad

Both are Dakar Yellow and born April 1994

That litter (April 1994) had 100 bikes. I believe they were all Dakar Yellow.

The Dakar Yellow branch of the family is starting to really make their presence known.:brad:brad:brad

Just happened to read the couple last pages of this Original Litter thread---guess I always assumed it was only about '86 K75s---so I got out my records and lo and behold, my '94 Dakar Yellow K75S is #154483! Suppose it was also born that same April along with the others.;)

Mine won't be Dakar Yellow much longer though; the tank and rear rack are now polished bare aluminum while the rest of the body panels will be sanded and prepped for a totally different color of PPG Deltron soon.

PS: Hi Beverly; Congratulations on picking up my bike's cousin at the National. You may remember contacting me a while back about a possible bags trade---hope you found some others that were the right color (or perhaps you'll get your bags painted to match?). Anyway, I do hope you managed to get your saddlebags off; once you attain the knack for doing so it's a whole lot easier thereafter.

Best regards,

Just happened to read the couple last pages of this Original Litter thread---guess I always assumed it was only about '86 K75s---so I got out my records and lo and behold, my '94 Dakar Yellow K75S is #154483! Suppose it was also born that same April along with the others.;)

Yep. 4483 Born April 1994. From the Yellow branch of the family tree.
;):eat:brad:hug:whistle:blah :heart:clap:buds:wave :burnout:evil:rofl :yum :beer:rocker

the bike is a factory blue color, i'll post a picture in the photo thread.

Beautiful bike:bow

We finally have another one of the blue branch of the family checking in.:cry :thumb :scratch:bluduh :heh :snore :huh :idea :( :uhoh :jawdrop :sick :bolt

3117 and 3118 '92Ss born July of 1991 are owned by Greg Feeler and K75Swim. (see page 1)

That color is Royal Blue Metallic. The color was used only on the 1992 models of the S.

The paint scheme code is 680 (on the tag under the seat). But I don't know the Glasurit paint Code #.

Last edited:
Any idea how I would go about getting some touch up paint? She's acquired a few nicks here and there that need to be touched up. Any thoughts I figure the dealer would know but would probably not be the cheapest method.

The touch up paint is NLA (no longer available) from BMW for our bikes. The availability dried up 2-3 years ago. The best you can hope for is a dealer with some left over old stock or someone with an old tube.

I believe this is your color:

BMW Part # 51910144544 Metallic Touch Up Pencil Set King Blue (270) NA

BMW called Royal Blue Metallic (scheme code 680) King Blue Metallic (scheme code 680) in some markets. Also called Koenigsblau in German.

The Glasurit (original paint manufacturer for BMW, now a division of BASF) paint code for these colors is 270. You might be able to get something through a Glasurit paint distributor (look on the internet).

Last edited:
here is mine #166 still under construction.
she lives in chicago nw burbs,24k miles,
i got in few boxess and now is sporting titansilber from bmw cage
101_2004.jpg

and here how i got her
k75noengine002.jpg

new hart for it
bmwwithengine002.jpg

Not original litter but the other end of the spectrum: 154547 - only 53 more after it.

Is this in the last litter?

1995 Arctic Silver

Just picked it up today :wave

Looks like my K75S is in your litter also, only 36 bikes away from the last at # 154564. Just got it this summer. Had a good feeling about this bike, this is my first BMW. So far, so good! 23K only.

Looks like my K75S is in your litter also, only 36 bikes away from the last at # 154564. Just got it this summer. Had a good feeling about this bike, this is my first BMW. So far, so good! 23K only.

4564, born September 1994, is from The "Final Litter" of US Spec K75Ss.:bow

It also disproves my theory that the final batch of Ss were all Dakar Yellow.:dunno

Welcome to the family. You're going to love the bike. :heart

Thanks. Mine is silver. Wow three K75's? Your wifee is very cool!

This US spec K75s lives in northwest Arkansas and is red. It also won an award at Johnson City at the bike show,

Back