• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New R12R is waiting for Me !

Bradkap

Put a deposit on a 90th Anniverary R12R !
I spoke with 5 dealers, Max BMW was by far easiest and best to work with ! The only rub is I will ride 10 hours to their Troy, NY store to make the trade and pick up the new bike. I suppose that by the time I get home Friday night bike will be ready for first service.

I will report back on the pick up and ride home experience !

Put a deposit on a 90th Anniverary R12R !
I spoke with 5 dealers, Max BMW was by far easiest and best to work with ! The only rub is I will ride 10 hours to their Troy, NY store to make the trade and pick up the new bike. I suppose that by the time I get home Friday night bike will be ready for first service.

I will report back on the pick up and ride home experience !

Glad you followed up on the suggestion. Was your salesman Craig? What kind of savings did you make? I've made that trip several times to purchase new machines...700 miles for me.

Craig is the man !
Savings on the bike was about $1200
But the trade was very fair, and they worked with me on some farkles:

1. Moving MV risers over to R
2. Installing windscreen bars
3. Installing case mount for top case
4. Installing head guards

Right now I am very happy !

700 miles also

was happy to hear about your business with Max BMW. I'm now considering a purchase with trade in at their NH location. I've actually been to all 3 of their stores in the last year. Wasn't thrilled with my selling dealer and didn't feel 2 other BMW dealers were aggressive in their sales when it comes to money or paying attention to me. Max has serviced my bike and I have purchased parts over the phone with them several times. Their p/u and delivery for service is a big selling feature for me. [at this point I'm selling myself]

Craig is the man !

700 miles also

Sent you a PM.

Craig is the man !

700 miles also

The $1.2k savings... was that off list or $1.2k lower than other dealers?

Off MSRP !

No other dealer was willing to compromise to the point where you could take a pass on traveling to another dealer 700 miles away?

Forgive my ignorance here but are the 90th Anniversary editions in limited supply by chance? Depending on the production run they may have not produced enough for every single dealer to obtain one or each dealer was limited to 1 or 2 for example. Dealers may be trying to maximize the profit if they're not replaceable.

With the amount below MSRP as posted...then the "free" luggage, plus a $500.00 rebate from MOA, you certainly could have done worse. And to top it off with a "Road Trip" AND your "feeling" that you got a righteous deal...you won! Enjoy! MAX has some great t-shirts also and one should be free.

I've purchased from MAX in the past and it sounds like you got a good deal! I think they run a pretty fair dealership and would recommend them to anyone for either purchase or service.

Congrats on your new bike and enjoy the road trip! What a great way to get the break in miles out of the way too! :)

Subjective

I think a good deal is when you walk away feeling good about the transaction. The facts may belie the feeling but emotions frequently over ride common sense. In other words what is a good deal to me may not be to you.

This is a morning for questions. What is the definition of a "good deal"?

It is an individual mindset, an individual definition for the buyer (and seller)...no label available and rightfully so. Forum contributors' comments to any transaction being "good" or "bad" are support comments...either to support the buyer's decision or to support their (contributor's) opinion.

So now where do you take it for your first service ?.

Any BMW motorcycle dealership will service the motorcycle. That is part and parcel of why they are an authorized dealer, regardless if they sold the unit or not PERIOD And if they harbor negative "feelings" about a once potential customer going elsewhere, they need to get over it. Perhaps next time they'll be able to provide what this customer needed.

Last edited:
Right any BMW dealer will do service, but in Cincinnati we are not blessed with a dealership. But we have the next best thing. Cadre Cycle which is run by the former BMW dealership tech guys. They just call BMW and get the authorization to do the manufacture required recalls etc. All routine service is no problem and done at much less cost.

Any BMW motorcycle dealership will service the motorcycle. That is part and parcel of why they are an authorized dealer, regardless if they sold the unit or not PERIOD And if they harbor negative "feelings" about a once potential customer going elsewhere, they need to get over it. Perhaps next time they'll be able to provide what this customer needed.

And I can guarantee that your new bike will be at the bottom of the list that gets it's service. In other words it might sit at the dealer for a few weeks if they are busy working on the bikes that they sold before they work on it & I don't blame them one bit. There are some dealers that won't even install tires on bikes that they didn't sell.

Back