• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thinking of starting a riders group in Chicago 'burbs

Had a rough start to Sat as my Rt lost the clutch cable about 8 miles and 20 lights from my Harley but I made it and enjoyed a nice ride around SE WI. At least the Harley is a great back up! And mine is quiet and fast.:D
Sh i t t y seat,:cry

e.g. ring tour of Iceland for two weeks.

Planned, but that is something I'd want to do solo. The experience of going solo vs in a group is totally different, and for me, far more satisfying.

BTW, the ring road (paved) tour would be boring as all the interesting roads and sights are inland as well, but gravel. When I go, it'll be for four weeks. Its an out of the way place to go to not see it all.

What we are missing is the local and practical expertise that an experienced tour operator can provide but with all things being equal, I would prefer to learn with friends rather than from a tour company.

All you need is some very good maps and a good imagination. Then do some digging on the internet. Having it all laid out by an over-priced tour company takes all the fun and adventure out of the tour.

Weekend Ride - Take 2 September 5-7

As another riding season draws to a close - probably with Martin in the lead for miles ridden since January - I only have 7000 under my belt this season... This was in ON. Sounds like fun and it's a beautiful ride thru the Kettle Moraine region to get there!

Anyone from the Chicago Riders interested in going? (If you don't you'll be looking back in January regretting that you didn't say yes.....):nono

WI September 5 - 7, 2008
38th Annual Wisconsin Dells Rally
Wisconsin BMW Motorcycle Club #10
Join us for a weekend of fun in scenic Wisconsin Dells at Chula Vista Resort. ThereÔÇÖs great sightseeing (www.wisdells.com) while exploring some of the best motorcycle roads in Wisconsin. Included with your rally fee is FREE entrance to the indoor and outdoor water parks with 26 waterslides, Friday night soup, 2 nights live music, organized rides, door prizes, seminars, tech sessions, vendors, non-motorized field events and round the clock free coffee/tea/soda. Our Saturday night indoor sit down dinner is also included. Lots of camping space, wooded and grassy: now reseeded for 2008! If camping isnÔÇÖt your style, book your on-site first class hotel accommodations or condos directly with Chula Vista (800) 388-4782 (www.chulavistaresort.com). Mention the Dells Rally to receive special rates. GPS: N 43 39.761 W 089 46.970. Adult pre-registration is $35.00 (form on our website); $45.00 at the gate. Children pre-registration 6-15 is $24.00; $28.00 at the gate. Electric with fee for a very limited number of RVÔÇÖs. This is a great family rally. Rally pin and mug to the first 800. Info at: www.wiscbmwclub.com or call Bob (414) 321-3212.

As another riding season draws to a close - probably with Martin in the lead for miles ridden since January - I only have 7000 under my belt this season... This was in ON. Sounds like fun and it's a beautiful ride thru the Kettle Moraine region to get there!

Anyone from the Chicago Riders interested in going? (If you don't you'll be looking back in January regretting that you didn't say yes.....):nono

Hey Brian,
Heck yeah I'm going. Got the room reservation and sent in my form w/check a few weeks ago. Last year was a blast. Let me know how your schedule looks. There is a remote chance my boss might drop a "let's go to Boston" business trip on me last minute but it's like I said, remote.

Oops -

Had a get off on Friday afternoon - the woman driving the Toyota ahead of me had burned out brake lights. Didn't hit her, but did a low side lay down with about 15 feet of separation. Hard to say what happened, it was over in a nano second - but I think I locked up the front wheel... and went down.

Fortunately I had a helmet, protective pants and armored mesh jacket - a sprained wrist, some very minor road rash and a few aches is all I recieved.

I need to replace the Clutch side mirror assembly - the damaged fairing pieces can wait until the snows of winter leave me with lots of time to futz with replacing, repairing and repainting.

The bummer, is that if I'd been riding a linked ABS version, I would have been fine.

Food for winter thought.

Still aiming for the campout.

Had a get off on Friday afternoon - the woman driving the Toyota ahead of me had burned out brake lights. Didn't hit her, but did a low side lay down with about 15 feet of separation. Hard to say what happened, it was over in a nano second - but I think I locked up the front wheel... and went down.

Fortunately I had a helmet, protective pants and armored mesh jacket - a sprained wrist, some very minor road rash and a few aches is all I recieved.

I need to replace the Clutch side mirror assembly - the damaged fairing pieces can wait until the snows of winter leave me with lots of time to futz with replacing, repairing and repainting.

The bummer, is that if I'd been riding a linked ABS version, I would have been fine.

Food for winter thought.

Still aiming for the campout.

Whoa Brian,
Glad you're ok!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited:
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited:
Utah -

The land of broad city streets, funny underwear and astonishing vistas.

I'm figuring on riding to the Dells on Saturday as well.:bolt

Back