• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Selling a high mileage bike?

I bought my airhead with a buncha miles on it. The odo wasnt working when I bought it. I'm guessing it has almost 300k on it by now. I've done a lot of stuff to that little motorcycle,often felt sorry for it at times but have been beating it like an anvil for 19 years. Only thing it hasn't been is a GS. Might be it's next transformation. Anyway I have a K and recently bought a oilhead. I don't seem to sell em once I get em so recipts just mean clutter to me.....Got a bunch with both the K and oilhead.

Take the hitch off it. I for one would never buy a BMW with a hitch. clutch, fragile tranny, fragile final drive etc. They are not made for it, and I just would walk away.

Rod

Take the hitch off it. I for one would never buy a BMW with a hitch. clutch, fragile tranny, fragile final drive etc. They are not made for it, and I just would walk away.

Rod

When I worked with used cars years ago, the first thing we did when we got a for resale car with a hitch was to remove it and try to make it look like it had never had one.

Rod

Funny, I have 513,000 miles on my 1977 R100RS and about 300,000 towing a BushtecTrailer.

Seems OK to me?:stick

Wonder if Jon sold the bike. Posted on August 20th asking the question and then nothing else. :dunno

Nope, justs runs out too good to let it go. It has new conti attacks and ohlins. Holds the road and handles better than my 04RTP. There's just something about how smooth a high mileage boxer engine runs.

Bud, you gonna make Falling Leaf?

Jon

Nope, justs runs out too good to let it go. It has new conti attacks and ohlins. Holds the road and handles better than my 04RTP. There's just something about how smooth a high mileage boxer engine runs.

Bud, you gonna make Falling Leaf?

Jon

Hi Jon,

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I didn't make Falling Leaf and I'm sorry that I wasn't there. Looks like the weather was reasonable and lots of folks had a good time.

Did you go?

Back