• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

PIAA bulbs

cajunjohnny

cajunjohnny
I bought 2008 r1200rt with piaa lights mounted at bottom of fork legs to the caliper brackets.
I need a replacement bulb and have found several vendors but have no idea what to ask for.
The two existing bulbs disintegrated inside the lights.

Update. Just made out some lettering on one of the bulbs: Bulbrite PR8 12v 35w. I called them with negative results.

Attaching a picture (hopefully!)

Last edited:
Tried that. Negative results.
Google images shows LOTS OF THEM-PR8 is a very common "old style" flashlight bulb? hard to imagine PIAA using that bulb which is not 35w?
35 watt halogen bulbs are sold in all AP's and most box stores as commonly used for OEM driving/fog lights.

Thanks guys

Google images shows LOTS OF THEM-PR8 is a very common "old style" flashlight bulb? hard to imagine PIAA using that bulb which is not 35w?
35 watt halogen bulbs are sold in all AP's and most box stores as commonly used for OEM driving/fog lights.

Thanks guys. I found them to actually be Motolight bulbs. I was chasing the wrong hound.
I appreciate your comeback.

Back