• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thank you

Becky973

I would like to thank every one who attended the AHRMA and Women Who ride seminars at the rally. :clap I just got back last night from the rally. We stopped a few places on the way home to do some riding. If you have any question about racing with AHRMA I will try to answer them or send them to someone who can.

Becky

It was a great seminar

It was a great women's seminar wasn't it? So many women doing so many interesting, risky and adventurous things. That seminar is always a great inspiration to me as I have not been riding as long as so many of you and so many of my bucket list items involve my motorcycle.

As in the past, the seminar could've gone on much longer, if there was time. Having said that, this Women's forum is a good place to continue any discussions we care to share.
I would like to thank Voni for putting on a great seminar again this year, all those that participated and thank you Sue R-M for scheduling the seminar.

As in the past, the seminar could've gone on much longer, if there was time. Having said that, this Women's forum is a good place to continue any discussions we care to share.
I would like to thank Voni for putting on a great seminar again this year, all those that participated and thank you Sue R-M for scheduling the seminar.

I wasn't able to make it to the National this year but curious as to why you said the seminars were longer in the past... what happened this year to where the length of the seminars changed if don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

I may have given the wrong impression. The seminar time was the same as last year. I meant that we could have talked longer, if we had the time, but there was another seminar scheduled immediately after ours.

Just a note on the length of time for the seminars:

This year we [initially] had 120 seminars to slot into those three days. This included all of the Rider Performance University events, the classic Tech sessions, and the regular meetings like the Town Hall meeting, the Board meeting, etc....

It seemed that the 90-minute time-frame for the Women Who Ride session was still a viable window, especially when one considers that this was immediately followed by the "How to Pick Up You Bike" demo, which was another full hour.

However, I would say that if there is enough interest in making this a longer session, then it could certainly be done.

Hats-Off to all my sisters who ride, whether at the bars or as copilots! :clap

I am always blown away by the camaraderie of women riders and the Women Who Ride seminar is my favorite! The time always seems short, so we use it well. Maybe a gathering time afterward just to continue the sharing?

This year we were privileged to hear from an amazing pillion rider (Slina Prothe), a woman who dreamed the dream of South America and did it solo (Alisa Clickenger), and a vintage racer (Becky Baker) as well as the First (me), Second (Jackie Mulhern) and Average rider (Sue) from the mileage contest. In addition we always have LOTS of audience participation which I feel is the cream on top of this annual gathering.

In fact, this area of the forum was born at the Women Who Ride seminar last year when WomanRidge brought up the need for an area where we could continue the conversations started there.

I used to get so nervous speaking in public, but rarely do now because I'm centered on this most important time to share. We are blessed to have such incredible women among us. Thanks to each and every one of you.

Voni
sMiling

Just a note on the length of time for the seminars:

However, I would say that if there is enough interest in making this a longer session, then it could certainly be done.

Hats-Off to all my sisters who ride, whether at the bars or as copilots! :clap

Sue, tell me more about the women at the bars.

Back