• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 international rally

Dude - it's the East Coast. They mowed down all their forests a century ago. That's why we live in the Evergreen State. We like trees!

Please, why do you have Yakima in the "Evergreen State"? For most of beautiful Washington state, evergreen is a real misnomer.

I would...
Alas, I'm not retired. I still have to work for a living.

If I do come and being Pennsylvania... I'll get a hotel. If only for the humidity.
I'm an ex E.Coaster... Humidity at those levels suck. Nice bed... Evening shower...
Fine by me.

(sure am glad I didn't call you dude.)
:bolt

Well, it's definitely drier than south of the Mason-Dixon or near the Mississippi River. It could be much worse.

Relative to shade........I don't know how clean they'll be, but my first scouting trip will be to the cattle barns. At some of the previous rally sites, the barns have been a really good choice.

You folks are cruel.
Talking about the National so soon...only 500miles from my place AND I get to ride through the Adirondacks! I will be thinking about this all winter.
On second thought, you people are not that cruel! This will help with winter cabin fever.
No rallys for me in 2010, but the National in 2011. Cool.

the rally should come out west, like Washington State....we were out east this summer....we even rode through PA....:whistle

Oregon isn't far enough west for you?? ;) It was a spectacular 3 week cross-country journey for us from the Toronto area. While we LOVE the travelling, we're looking forward to a closer destination next year, and being able to use some of our vacation time for 'other' riding...PEI maybe...

Cheryl

2011 Rally Dates

Is the dates of July 21/24 written in stone! I have to let my boss know ahead of time to be sure and get my vacation days. Thanks...:violin

Is the dates of July 21/24 written in stone! I have to let my boss know ahead of time to be sure and get my vacation days. Thanks...:violin

According to the Bloomsburg fairgrounds it is, because the weeks before and after are filled with other venues.

You may wish to put in for the whole week since there are pre-rally events being planned, or come help us setup. ;)

According to the Bloomsburg fairgrounds it is, because the weeks before and after are filled with other venues.

That's why I mentioned in another thread that the date should be flexible to ensure a great venue.
Picks from June through August would facilitate the needs of most members.

WHO's actrually going from?

THE FAR WEST? I live on the west coast of CA and am planning on riding East again. Did Vermont and Tennessee, W.VA,so PA. is next). I ride a GSA1200 and find the offbeaten paths(even dirt) most probable when I can. I usually take three weeks+ for an East coast adventure, but have done it in two. Anybody on this long milers list from my end of the world, to PA.,2011? I like meeting folks that can ride my style of riding and even not, maybe a day or so enroute. My departure almost always goes through Yosemite NP, into Nevada and so on and I have yet to ride Canada on this bike, so I may go NorthEasterly to PA.:). Meet up somewhere on the road??? I'm always up for some riding together, a while anyways:). Randy"Polarbear"Owens,GSA1200, off and on road warrior.:usa

Polar bear

Way too early to say but pre-rally events and opportunities are in the works. One of the ideas is to create and post GS Rides that run parallel to the pavement routes to the rally site. I quess they could begin anywhere and run any distance. The GS Chairs would like to see a sign up list, a competitive event that rewards folks for visits to points of interest and saying hello to our vendors. Maybe a kickoff could begin at various west, north and south starting points and grow to Bloomsburg. I wouldn't mind seeing a IBR type setup where you must take pictures of points of interest with bonus point opportunities for a mountain pass or a Pony Express Monument sign along the way.

Since you wish to go to Canada I guess I can throw in a bonus round and have you take a picture of Brother Andre's Chapel in Montreal, for additional points you can get me some cheese in the eastern townships and on your way to get me cheese in Vermont...I mean your southern trip to Pa........you can stop at Emerson Motor Works to say hi.. :laugh

FYI, here's a list of B&Bs in the the beautiful state forest area 40-50 miles north of Bloomsburg. Here are a few photos I took there week before last:

10166.jpg

10165.jpg

10164.jpg

10163.jpg

10161.jpg

Originally Posted by fastdogs2
Has anyone else experienced difficulty finding a room at Bloomsburg for the July 2011 Rally?

Rooms at the Hampton Inn in Bloomsburg and the Comfort Suites both showed as unavailable when I tried to register online.

I booked rooms at the Hampton Inn in Williamsport, since the rides we want to take will be west of the Bloomsburg area. Williamsport is about 40 miles west of Bloomsburg.

I just finished a nine day trip to WV, OH, PA and NY and traveled down route 15 through Williamsport, so I got a flavor for that area.

It may be worth it for folks to book early, if the rooms are all being taken now.

All the rooms may be blocked for the rally.
If you're booking online that would prevent you from getting a room.
call the motel directly and ask about avalibility.
jason

Back