• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photos: Free Association COMMENTARY

We had a few quince trees where I grew up (a bit south of you, in CT), but the fruit never amounted to much--little rock-hard things my brother and I used to wing at each other. The tree we've got now bears pretty well. The fruit can get big and lumpy like that, but looking again at the wood and leaves, I see they're pretty different.

On the other hand, there's so much variety to these things. The crabapple tree we've got produces little red fruit, about 3/4 inch across and with a flavor like cough syrup. Never could figure out what to do with it.

Tom, that new camera of yours is paying off in spades! Beautiful shot on the dirt road.

Thanks, but I haven't been using the DLSR. I'm mostly using my Sony DSC-H50 or Canon G10. I'm also extremely impressed with the Casio FC-1000, which I forgot to bring to Canada last week.

I like the XSi well enough, but it's too big and klunkie for the bike on an extended trip.

Thanks. It was frankly the easiest way to conceal where the edges of the clouds didn't match exactly.

Really like the way that came out. What software are you using? The panorama stuff I have is not usable with my new computer...... ~sigh~

Ding Ding Ding Conneaut

Spillway feeding frenzy. So thick in carp the gulls are walking on the backs of the fish.
For some reason it makes me angry watching the nasty ass carp. It would be something sorta like the living dead.

Hey C D that has to be the damn up near erie or Conneaut Lake. I can't remember the name though.:banghead

oh man this could open up bad taste, I'll remain cooth.

Really like the way that came out. What software are you using? The panorama stuff I have is not usable with my new computer...... ~sigh~

Thanks. This is a fairly old shot, and I used whatever version of Photoshop was current then (5.5?). I don't think I used any tools that aren't included in Photoshop Elements (or whatever they're calling the "lite" version these days). I created a really wide file, put each frame on a separate layer, rotated the outer frames to match up with the center frame (if you temporarily reduce the opacity of the foremost layer, it's easier to get things lined up; once the positioning is as good as it's going to get, you set everything back to 100% opaque). The drop shadow is just a layer effect. Drop shadow settings (blend effect = multiply, opacity = 26%, angle = 120, distance = 11px, size = 5px). Like I said, I was really being lazy. Looking at it now, there are white edges on frames 3 and 4 that I really should have trimmed...

The original panorama also had a background image of the four of us who climbed St. Helens that day. It looked like this:

pano_orig.jpg

...but I thought maybe that was a little too much digital post-production for the Free Association topic. I'm the guy on the left who looks like he's worried about how the photo will turn out.

VERY NICE!! I like that one even better.

I have Elements 6, I guess I need to spend some serious time figuring out how to use it.

Back