• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Schuberth E1 Adventure Review

bravo616

Well after months of waiting, I finally received the E1 Adventure. My first priority was to install a Sena 10U that I had purchased on sale a few weeks ago. I'll start with the installation and impressions of the 10U. Watch the YouTube video and follow instructions exactly. The only thing that took time was 1. aligning the speakers with your ears exactly. 2. Re installing the neck roll without breaking a plastic pin. I timed myself from start to finish at 12 mins. The next day I went out for a full day ride (7+hrs). My impressions in no particular order:
1. Fit and Finish (outstanding). The E1 is well made and it feels like it. A very professional level helmet.
2. Wind noise (excellent). Even with the peak and the Sena installed, the helmet is very quiet (C3 Pro). In fact it makes the music sound so much better.
3. Peak performance (excellent). The Peak and both adjustable and removable. Even at 80+ mph very little movement (R1200 GSA). No weird noises or bad buffeting. Head checks at 80+ no issue.
4. Visibility (outstanding). The face shield and inner visor are as optically clear as you can get. Excellent field of vision.
5. Comfort (outstanding). For my head, the fit was perfect. I was in between sizes and choose to go with the larger size 2XL. The liner is even better than the C3Pro which I have. I had no issue with the battery of the Sena in the neck roll touching my neck. I didn't feel it at all.
6. Venting (excellent). Clearly better than the C3Pro. The additional chin vent helps a lot. The Sena battery did not seem to impede exhausts coming out of the neck roll. The upper vent design has been changed somewhat.
7. Sena Sound (Excellent). The sound coming from the speakers is great because helmet is quiet. I wear hearing protection and heard every note. The 10U gets the upgraded 20S speakers which are somewhat bigger.
8. Paring (Excellent). Paired my Android phone to BMW Nav V (Garmin GPS) and then to Sena 10U. My wife (Sena SMH10) to 10U. No issues at all. But I have NOT checked out all of the features, so I did not do music sharing. Did receive a phone call and was able to receive and transmit clearly.
9. Battery life (excellent). About 8 1/2 hours so far of constant MP3 playing and battery still going strong. Can recharge on the move (I have not evaluated that yet).
10. Value (Outstanding). Yes, it is expensive. There is no doubt about it. But considering you essentially get two helmets (Adventure Touring and Sport Riding) it is worth it. Combine that with the Sena 10U and you have a winning combination.

BTW Max BMW in New Hampshire is offering 20 PERCENT OFF!!!!!! They ship for free as well. That saved me a crap ton of cash.

This is the point of contact there

Jeremy Leafe
MAX BMW Motorcycles
209 Lafayette Road - US Route 1
North Hampton, NH 03862
603-964-2877 X-123
603-828-2498 Call/Text
www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com

I hope this review helps a fellow rider get even more out of the ride!!

Well after months of waiting, I finally received the E1 Adventure. My first priority was to install a Sena 10U that I had purchased on sale a few weeks ago. I'll start with the installation and impressions of the 10U. Watch the YouTube video and follow instructions exactly. The only thing that took time was 1. aligning the speakers with your ears exactly. 2. Re installing the neck roll without breaking a plastic pin. I timed myself from start to finish at 12 mins. The next day I went out for a full day ride (7+hrs). My impressions in no particular order:
1. Fit and Finish (outstanding). The E1 is well made and it feels like it. A very professional level helmet.
2. Wind noise (excellent). Even with the peak and the Sena installed, the helmet is very quiet (C3 Pro). In fact it makes the music sound so much better.
3. Peak performance (excellent). The Peak and both adjustable and removable. Even at 80+ mph very little movement (R1200 GSA). No weird noises or bad buffeting. Head checks at 80+ no issue.
4. Visibility (outstanding). The face shield and inner visor are as optically clear as you can get. Excellent field of vision.
5. Comfort (outstanding). For my head, the fit was perfect. I was in between sizes and choose to go with the larger size 2XL. The liner is even better than the C3Pro which I have. I had no issue with the battery of the Sena in the neck roll touching my neck. I didn't feel it at all.
6. Venting (excellent). Clearly better than the C3Pro. The additional chin vent helps a lot. The Sena battery did not seem to impede exhausts coming out of the neck roll. The upper vent design has been changed somewhat.
7. Sena Sound (Excellent). The sound coming from the speakers is great because helmet is quiet. I wear hearing protection and heard every note. The 10U gets the upgraded 20S speakers which are somewhat bigger.
8. Paring (Excellent). Paired my Android phone to BMW Nav V (Garmin GPS) and then to Sena 10U. My wife (Sena SMH10) to 10U. No issues at all. But I have NOT checked out all of the features, so I did not do music sharing. Did receive a phone call and was able to receive and transmit clearly.
9. Battery life (excellent). About 8 1/2 hours so far of constant MP3 playing and battery still going strong. Can recharge on the move (I have not evaluated that yet).
10. Value (Outstanding). Yes, it is expensive. There is no doubt about it. But considering you essentially get two helmets (Adventure Touring and Sport Riding) it is worth it. Combine that with the Sena 10U and you have a winning combination.

BTW Max BMW in New Hampshire is offering 20 PERCENT OFF!!!!!! They ship for free as well. That saved me a crap ton of cash.

This is the point of contact there

Jeremy Leafe
MAX BMW Motorcycles
209 Lafayette Road - US Route 1
North Hampton, NH 03862
603-964-2877 X-123
603-828-2498 Call/Text
www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com

I hope this review helps a fellow rider get even more out of the ride!!

Nice write up. how about a photo or two?

Thanks for the write up Jeremy. I'm actually seriously looking at that helmet as my replacement for my C3. Schuberth told me the Cardo Schuberth proprietary neck roll I have will fit. My only concern is I suffer from the Schuberth forehead hot spot on long rides. I'm hoping C3 pro and beyond have resolved this. Don't need no pictures as I've been eyeing this model on the Schuberth site for some time now. I ride an RT.

We LGOP's gotta stick together.

Back