• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ever wonder what you would do with and extra $1,000.00?

Bud

It is what it is.
Yesterday morning pushed the garage door opener to leave with the van. The rear hatch door wasn't completely closed. Caught in the door. Ended up scratching the van door and bending all four sections of the garage door and broke the glass in the garage door.

Tried to buy a replacement from Overhead Door. They no longer make that one. Now I get to buy 2!

Un-installed is $950.00 for the pair.

Not a fun way to spend that kind of money.

Not good Bud, but could be worse...like flying Malaysia Airlines last week. And I bet your homeowners deductible is $1,000 - right?

You're Not Alone Bud!

Back in the 90s, I loaded the back of my van with stuff and put something else in the side door and forgot about the rear open hatch. The van was backed in and I simply drove out. It knocked the wooden door off its track and I had to have it rehung. Fortunately, I did not have to replace the door at that time; did than many years later when one son used the power wash to clean that door and blasted holes through it. :laugh

There would be sort of an artistic, aesthetically pleasing and nonconformist statement in having two different styles of doors on your house. Just replace one and start wearing a beret and smoking cigarettes in a long holder. Sorry for your financial loss.....

Does remind me of my brother driving into his open garage with two Trek bicycles mounted on car roof.

Does remind me of my brother driving into his open garage with two Trek bicycles mounted on car roof.

Ouch, Bud!

Had a cycling buddy who loaded his NEW Trek carbon framed bike on his SUV...in the garage...tore rack off car,tearing a hole in roof, destroying his bike and a new section of raised door...He did not ride with us that day. He can actually laugh now, ten years later.

Not good Bud, but could be worse...like flying Malaysia Airlines last week. And I bet your homeowners deductible is $1,000 - right?

Usually in these cases when people hit something hard (like a wall) I would say "At least the wall is OK" but in this case no silver lining.

Ouch, Bud!

Had a cycling buddy who loaded his NEW Trek carbon framed bike on his SUV...in the garage...tore rack off car,tearing a hole in roof, destroying his bike and a new section of raised door...He did not ride with us that day. He can actually laugh now, ten years later.

Making me feel better already!:laugh

Back