• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Grateful Thread

Hi Bob,

Soundboard recordings are available from Nugs with special code also. Will have to see how that works with my not so smart phone.
At least my wife has a iphone now. I am still resisting!

You have to pay for those. The audience recordings will be free. Your call.

Hey Bob, how was it? You have fun?

Hey Bob, did you read your own reply earlier? :stick Ha!

We had so much fun, that we are already saving for next year! :dance

Great place and people to hang out with, and of course, there are those concerts too. :thumb

Hey Bob, did you read your own reply earlier? :stick Ha!

We had so much fun, that we are already saving for next year! :dance

Great place and people to hang out with, and of course, there are those concerts too. :thumb

Sorry, man. I jump in and out of these things very quickly between work stuff, so I don't always give it the attention I should.

Just having fun at you expense, Bob.

I forget where I respond to different things too, can't remember set lists, but know I had a good time!

2019 Tour schedule... venue

I'm actually a fairly new Dead fan. But, golly!, I sure do love them! I've been to the past several years of the current version's concerts and had a blast. Unfortunately, this year I am not attending. timing is wrong and I took one look at the venue being Gillette Stadium and just about threw up. Ah, well. I tried like all get out to get into PITS but it just didn't work - way too much traffic on the reservation server and I couldn't lock in on anything. Hoping there will be another one next year and I'll simply stay home to get on and get a reservation. It would be awesome to meet some of you here in New England....

Louise

Hope to see some Grateful Threaders in Lebanon TN next week!

I'll be camping in the Chartered Club area with New Sweden Riders.

Anybody going?

Hope to see some Grateful Threaders in Lebanon TN next week!

I'll be camping in the Chartered Club area with New Sweden Riders.

Anybody going?

Not this year. Going to the RCR instead. Maybe next year, depending on where it is.

RCR?

Next year MOA is Great Falls, MT end of June.

What about Green Mountain Rally, 6-8 September?

Brief Update:

Had a Grate Show on June 20 at BB&T in Camden.

Got in for Playin' in the Sand 2020 in January, Moon Palace in Cancun this time. :thumb

Fall Fun Run (4 shows only) announced and sold out quickly.

Madison Square Garden 31 October and 1 November.
We got tickets for both shows. :dance
Resale tickets are available and prices are all over the place.

Hampton Coliseum 8 and 9 November.
May try to pick something up or just make the trip.
Resale tickets are available and prices are a little lower than MSG.

Have yet to meet anyone from here at a show. Still looking forward to it.

Dead and Co added 2 more shows, Nov 5 and 6 at Nassau Coliseum.

We are going on Tuesday Nov 5. Anybody else?

Not sure how many saw these words by David Lemieux...came through the Dead.Net:

Fare you well, Mr. Hunter. We love you more than words can tell...

For a man who provided us with so many meaningful words, the soundtrack to our lives, he's left us a bit speechless with his passing. For more than 50 years, since his first lyrical contributions to the Grateful Dead in 1967, Robert Hunter has been just as integral a part of the legacy of the Grateful Dead as those who recorded the music to accompany his words, those who walked out on stage to bring his words to life. More than 2,000 times 1967-1995, these six (or five or seven) proud walkers on the jingle bell rainbow, plus countless thousands of times since then by other performers, the Grateful Dead have brought Hunter's words to life in front of all of us as their witness. Not a single day has gone by since 1984 that Hunter's words haven't been a part of my world; I've heard Jerry, Bob and others sing his words literally every day for the past 35 years.

When the final Fare Thee Well show ended in Chicago in 2015, Mickey Hart famously sent us on our way by asking us to "please, be kind," and that lesson along with its lyrical brethren written by Hunter, "ain't no time to hate," and "are you kind?" are some of the truest words to live by. No matter what meaning, solace, lesson you find in Hunter's lyrics, please go out and do some good with them.

Back