• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Self Riding Autonomous BMW

At last! Motorcycles will be able to enjoy the freedom of the open road without those annoying humans on their backs.
And, when a car turns left in front of it. no riders will be killed.

Since my dealer is several hours away, it would be nice to send the bike down for warranty work and have it come back in time for the afternoon commute...

Since my dealer is several hours away, it would be nice to send the bike down for warranty work and have it come back in time for the afternoon commute...

At the end of a long day I can send the bike out for take-out :)

Obviously not road-ready yet: in the second video, it goes right through the stop sign... Twice.

Just like a horse?

Hey now I can go bar hopping without worries. A self driving car and a self driving bike. Sort of like the horse that knew where home was and would take the drunk home while he slept in the saddle/seat. LOL..

Hey now I can go bar hopping without worries. A self driving car and a self driving bike. Sort of like the horse that knew where home was and would take the drunk home while he slept in the saddle/seat. LOL..

No no no.. If your passed out drunk on a horse and the horse is sober, you can still be hit with a dui..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/11/04/a-florida-woman-rode-her-horse-on-a-highway-drunk-she-was-charged-with-a-dui/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.665eed96b114

Whether an intoxicated person on horseback can be charged with a DUI or DWI varies from state to state.

In 1993, an appellate court in California ruled in People vs. Fong that people riding animals on the highway are subject to the same rules as the drivers of automobiles, meaning people must ride their animals at a reasonably safe speed and avoid reckless behavior.

So that one dont fly....

Wake me up when BMW pioneers technology that senses deer and other large animals in proximity down the road and alerts you w/ an audible alert and nice bright icons on your Nav X display for each critter. That would provide some massive value, whereas autonomous not so much :brad

Wake me up when BMW pioneers technology that senses deer and other large animals in proximity down the road and alerts you w/ an audible alert and nice bright icons on your Nav X display for each critter. That would provide some massive value, whereas autonomous not so much :brad

Bah! Lasers would take care of critters!

The bike knows more about counter-steering than the average pirate...

That is not saying a whole lot ! Does this mean that I can look forward to seeing hordes of Beemer Bozos texting on their two wheelers just like with their four wheelers ? God help me. :banghead

Friedle

Back