• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Celebration: Our Club's 50th Anniversary in 2022 National Rally - Springfield MO!

Unable to make this year's rally so I am eager to learn next year's rally location. We need a countdown clock. :)

If you can hold on until this coming Saturday afternoon/evening, May 1st... good chance the word will be out.

Now, I wondering if its in June or July for some reason.

fwiw

Last year I visited Fargo as I headed west... doing a little research on the #MOAposse idea that ultimately crashed and burned. I wanted to see it first-hand after all the discussion here.

Fargo is not the town you see in the movies. It’s a thriving and modern town. Microsoft has a huge campus here and there are a lot of very new, clean, modern neighborhoods throughout the town.

Great park for camping on the east end, the fairgrounds are on the west end. Unfortunately, the facility does not meet our rally requirements.

I was very impressed, even though the riding in the area is rather, um... ascetic.

Ian

... so maybe just a little east of Fargo, and back to the future as we return to Oshkosh WI and their excellent EAA grounds/facilities.

Our June dates would be in no conflict with their late July extravaganza.

Great park for camping on the east end, the fairgrounds are on the west end. Unfortunately, the facility does not meet our rally requirements.

I was very impressed, even though the riding in the area is rather, um... ascetic.

Ian

Fargo has more ambulances than Bloomsburg.

Last year I visited Fargo as I headed west... doing a little research on the #MOAposse idea that ultimately crashed and burned. I wanted to see it first-hand after all the discussion here.

Fargo is not the town you see in the movies. It’s a thriving and modern town. Microsoft has a huge campus here and there are a lot of very new, clean, modern neighborhoods throughout the town.

Ian

I am certain you meant to say anesthetic.....

“Fargo has more ambulances than Bloomsburg.”

Yeah Paul....but they probably don’t belch flumes of fire....just sayin ;-)

... so maybe just a little east of Fargo, and back to the future as we return to Oshkosh WI and their excellent EAA grounds/facilities.

Our June dates would be in no conflict with their late July extravaganza.

Or West Bend WI .... my favorite location so far and even in July weather was mild !!

Or West Bend WI .... my favorite location so far and even in July weather was mild !!

True enough! You simply can’t beat Wisconsin riding & camping weather from mid June through summer. Yeah, West Bend Rally had that German set up of live entertainment/beer hall... That rocked the joint! Best we’ve had IMO.

True enough! You simply can’t beat Wisconsin riding & camping weather from mid June through summer. Yeah, West Bend Rally had that German set up of live entertainment/beer hall... That rocked the joint! Best we’ve had IMO.

And the weather was killer and we stayed in a town called Iron Ridge at the Iron Ridge Motel & Restaurant which was perfect.

Sorry Paul .... Fargo out ... .West Bend in !!

West Bend was my first MOA Rally. Like others mentioned...the weather was PERFECT! I remember the Rustic Road guided tour was a great way to explore some off the path routes.

I'd go back there anytime but I've never been to Oshgosh. Sounds like a cool venue. I just need to score some deep-fried cheese curds if it's anywhere in WI.

Today's the day...

I'm not concerned with where the 2022 rally is.
May I get the dates of the 2022 rally.
I need to forecast my vacation dates this far in advance.
Thanks

And by tomorrow we may know.
I remember those years at work, where all planning was accomplished in early May, for the following year's June beginning of the vacation plan.
And I screwed up one year by a week and missed Trenton ON. Though I'm back on a 15yr consecutive run.

Wishing you good timing and a quick announcement.

How to celebrate 50 years?

And by tomorrow we may know.
I remember those years at work, where all planning was accomplished in early May, for the following year's June beginning of the vacation plan.
And I screwed up one year by a week and missed Trenton ON. Though I'm back on a 15yr consecutive run.

Wishing you good timing and a quick announcement.

So, assuming at some point we all do know where the rally location for 2022, and going back to the early topic of this thread. What would you all think would be appropriate ways to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the MOA, both at the rally and during the year of 2020? Promotions? Historical (how we got here) stories? Riding events? Promotions (like a membership drive)? Special logoed merchandise? What??

So, assuming at some point we all do know where the rally location for 2022, and going back to the early topic of this thread. What would you all think would be appropriate ways to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the MOA, both at the rally and during the year of 2020? Promotions? Historical (how we got here) stories? Riding events? Promotions (like a membership drive)? Special logoed merchandise? What??

How about some events, rides, challenges, etc. based on the number "50". Not sure what that might look like but maybe 50 mile rides to breakfast, 50 best burger stops, etc. Also, some really unique shirts announcing the 50th anniversary. Also, maybe some special acknowledgment to anyone who has been a member for all 50 years? Their stories? Bikes, etc.

I'm not concerned with where the 2022 rally is.
May I get the dates of the 2022 rally.
I need to forecast my vacation dates this far in advance.
Thanks

Ozark Empire Fairgrounds Springfield, MO June 16-18, 2022. You heard it here first... love to the forums.

Back