• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Superstakes results

Depends on how many rally goers had purchased tickets. Either way, it seems the amount that goes to the Foundation should be higher than 50%, unless the advertising and administration really is that high?

What also helped the Foundation is, as I understand it, last year Pandora's in Tenn. supplied the transport trucks and their employees to move the Superstakes bikes around the country and back all for free. I know they're not looking for any recognition, but they should be acknowledged as friends and supporters of the MOA.

Last edited:
Speaking of moving the bikes, how do winners receive them? Not that it matters to me, really, but do they have to go to the MOA headquarters or? I saw in the rules that winners are responsible for taxes and transportation, but to/from where?

ps. One week to find out who 14 very happy people are........

Speaking of moving the bikes, how do winners receive them? Not that it matters to me, really, but do they have to go to the MOA headquarters or? I saw in the rules that winners are responsible for taxes and transportation, but to/from where?

You mean 13 as I feel that this is my year to win..:nod

Here's how it happened for me last year...

A couple of days after the drawing Ted Moyer of the MOA phoned me with congratulations. He said someone from Pandora Motorsports, Chattanooga Tenn would call me to arrange things. The bikes were in Tennessee. (Pandoras handled all the logistics of moving and handling the Superstakes motorcycles for the MOA) Very shortly thereafter, Justin from Pandoras called with his congratulations and we talked for quite a while. I had won the K1300S and I felt it was either too much for me, or not my cup of tea, and since I had owned a couple RTs in the past I was thinking I'd have to take delivery of it and then sell it privately to get an RT. He said no problem, he had 14 new and used RTs in stock and that I should look at them on their website and call them back. I settled on one of his RTs and I received full value of the K1300S in trade. (Full value of what MOA paid for it, not MSRP) They said I could show up and take it, trailer it, fly-in and ride out, or they would ship it to me. Whatever I wanted to do, they would work with me to get it done. I chose to do a fly-in and ride away. I arrived at the airport two hours after the dealership closed. They not only picked me up there, they drove me to the dealership, opened up for me, and delivered the motorcycle to me. This was fantastic as I wanted to get an early start the next morning to ride the 800 miles back to New Jersey. Temporary registration too so I could ride it home. They also took a great deal of time, I was not rushed, as they said they would not let me go until I felt completely comfortable on the RT. Since I was unfamiliar with the area, they insisted I follow them and they led me on their bikes all the way to my hotel before they called it a day and went to their homes.

I can't say enough good things about all the people at Pandoras- (and the MOA too). They made it super easy and treated me like a rock star.

Here's how it happened for me last year...
[Deleted}

I can't say enough good things about all the people at Pandoras- (and the MOA too). They made it super easy and treated me like a rock star.

It's great to hear your story and the efforts Pandora made in your behalf. At the same time, it's disappointing that other dealers (and not just of motorcycles) can't figure out such a simple road to success.

It's my hope that the Superstakes are a success for the Foundation. I wonder what the measure of success is in their eyes? 30% return? 40%? 50%?
I guess we will have to wait to hear. I would also have liked to have some smaller prizes (tires, helmets, etc.) to spread the joy, not just the 14 lucky ones.

JMO

It's my hope that the Superstakes are a success for the Foundation.

Do all the proceeds of the raffle go to the foundation? Is it a non-profit? If so, would the raffle ticket cost be tax deductible as a charitable contribution (assuming it's not a winning ticket)?

Just wondering...

I don't think so, like any gambling loss it is not a deduction. However, if you win something, you can deduct the cost of the loss (ticket price) from the value of the prize. At least that is how I understand it.

Maybe someone else has better knowledge, I'm sure we have a tax accountant out there somewhere.

John, I think you are correct. My accountant called it "income from gambling winnings" and, as such, I paid state and federal tax on the prize value.

Last edited:
Anyone know what time the drawing takes place? I can't find anything about it being webcast. I guess normally the prize drawings at the rally are late in the day to allow those attending the chance to get out for some local riding before worrying about getting back for the drawing, as you have to be present for the rally prizes if I remember right.

According to the article elsewhere here on the MOA forum, Winners will also be announced tonight at the rally. No specific time is mentioned, it just says "tonight".
I assume someone from MOA will post the list.

According to the article elsewhere here on the MOA forum, Winners will also be announced tonight at the rally. No specific time is mentioned, it just says "tonight".
I assume someone from MOA will post the list.

THE WINNERS!

F800GT - 6653 - Jack Ramskill, 46927 - Attica, OH

K1600GT ? 5732 - Frank Pons, 125900 - McMinville, OR

S1000RR ? 0819 - Chris Biegler, 147208 - Calgary, AB

G650GS Sertao ? 4590 - David Stech, 81773 - Alamagordo, NM

R1200RT, 2897 - Kevin Sullivan, 119303 - Yaphank, NY

F800GS ? 3531 - Lawrence Osolkowski, 164843 - North Tonawanda, NY

K1300S ? 0284 - Cyle Keltner, 188908 - New Lisbon, WI

R1200R ? 4432 - Gene Ray, 113731 - Kansas City, KS

C650GT ? 2381 - Thomas Overbey, 66594 - Fayetteville, AR

R1200GS Adventure ? 2586 - Butch Blodgett, 189130 - Seatac, WA

F800R ? 5552 - Ron Kimble, 115494 - Panama City, FL

Custom R1200GS ? 4945 - Shane Yanagisawa, Seattle, WA

Bonus Drawing Winners

Bonus A - ticket 6346, Paul Vegas of Folsom, LA. Member # 10976

Bonus B - ticket 2307, Trenton Bishop of Suffolk, VA, Member # 101216.

Back