• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 Springfield MO Rally Hotel Recon Findings

gsinnc

Just sharing this info with my fellow BMW MOA rally attendees who hotel at the rally.

How cool would it be to fill the entire hotel with BMW Riders !!

On our way home from a recent road trip to the Tetons Barb and I spent a night at a potential 2022 MOA Rally hotel …. Best Western Hotel in Springfield MO. After reading some mixed reviews online I had some concerns since this was a hotel I proposed to some fellow riding buddies.

However, after spending the night I have to say this place seems like a very good choice. Here are some of my observations……

• The property is off the main road so pretty quiet
  • Property has some “green space” which you rarely find these days
  • Quite a few trees providing shady parking,
  • Rooms were modern that seemed very clean
  • Staff were all very friendly and most appeared to be locals who had worked there for some time
  • Numerous dining options within walking distance
  • Less than 3 miles to the rally site all on secondary roads, all right turns (no difficult left turns on busy streets)
  • Rates for the rooms are excellent
  • Older style motor court hotel where you park right in front of your room
  • Complementary breakfast was good, about what you’d expect
  • Rates were really really good !!

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/b...t-western-coach-house/propertyCode.26032.html

In addition we drove by the Fair Grounds and from what we could see it looks pretty nice. Lots of buildings i.e. AIR CONDITiONING :) and looked like pretty easy access.

I have attached a few photos I took and a layout of the property.

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5402.jpeg

IMG_5403.jpeg

IMG_5398.jpeg

IMG_5400.jpeg

LOL!
Booked my room there immediately after getting home from Great Falls; glad to hear it seems to be a decent place to stay! 😊

Best,
DeVern

We made our reservation there back in July.
At that time the rate was $69.75 total (one Queen bed) if you sign in to the Best Western site.
Thanks for the report. I had thought of stopping there in a few weeks to check it out but it sounds like I don't need to.

Last edited:
We made our reservation there back in July.
At that time the rate was $69.75 total (one Queen bed) if you sign in to the Best Western site.
Thanks for the report. I had thought of stopping there in a few weeks to check it out but it sounds like I don't need to.

Yes ... rates are really good. I booked 2 queens for less than $70 per night and those rates are still out there as I checked today.

Yes ... rates are really good. I booked 2 queens for less than $70 per night and those rates are still out there as I checked today.

I also checked tonight before I saw your reply and it showed $74.62 total for two queen beds for Rewards Members Multi Night Stay. Same day cancel before 4:00, no charge.

I also checked tonight before I saw your reply and it showed $74.62 total for two queen beds for Rewards Members Multi Night Stay. Same day cancel before 4:00, no charge.

I checked earlier to day for someone else and it was $65.12 per night for 2 queens. But that may have changed. That was probably AAA or AARP rate.

I checked earlier to day for someone else and it was $65.12 per night for 2 queens. But that may have changed. That was probably AAA or AARP rate.

Yep, I see the same rate as you. I was showing the full rate with tax. It's cheap :)
If you click on more rates you see all the options.
Looks like the single Queen rooms like I reserved are no longer available.

Yep, I see the same rate as you. I was showing the full rate with tax. It's cheap :)
If you click on more rates you see all the options.
Looks like the single Queen rooms like I reserved are no longer available.

Yes ... Booked a lot of Best Westerns over the past 4 years with a 30 day trip each year. They are very motorcycle friendly and usually have some really good promotions.

Thank you for this post! Good to know -- we are booked there. If my wife and I, we'll take the nicer slow roads on our G310s (her R, me GS). If just me, it will be on a bumblebee R1100RSL with some faster roads. It would be my first rally -- hopefully it will work out.

Thank you for this post! Good to know -- we are booked there. If my wife and I, we'll take the nicer slow roads on our G310s (her R, me GS). If just me, it will be on a bumblebee R1100RSL with some faster roads. It would be my first rally -- hopefully it will work out.

That sounds great. It's a great hotel for a first rally. There should be a lot of attendees at this hotel so lots of parking lot tire kicking and making friends.

I see you are in New Jersey. I was born and raised in Jersey. Should be a great ride for you and you will love the roads once you escape the NJ/PA area.

There should be a lot of attendees at this hotel so lots of parking lot tire kicking and making friends.

The park in front of your room motels always makes it easier to visit with other riders.
I know there's a group of R1200/1250RS riders staying at the Best Western.

The park in front of your room motels always makes it easier to visit with other riders.
I know there's a group of R1200/1250RS riders staying at the Best Western.

For sure ... the best part of the Rally is always the parking lot tire kicking with an adult beverage :D

I just attended the BMWST Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (aka FART) in Sparta. We had about 70 BMW's and had 90% of the hotel. What a blast after each days rides to chat in the parking lot. And THIS hotel in Springfield really lends itself to that type of interaction with the green space there too.

That sounds great. It's a great hotel for a first rally. There should be a lot of attendees at this hotel so lots of parking lot tire kicking and making friends.

I see you are in New Jersey. I was born and raised in Jersey. Should be a great ride for you and you will love the roads once you escape the NJ/PA area.

I live in western NJ, not far from Easton, PA. We have some outstanding motorcycle roads here -- quite a difference from when we lived in Jersey City, and certainly from when we lived in the Tampa area.

That said, somehow PA tends to get really long, no matter what route. I went thru Springfield on a west to east ride last year -- looking forward to it again and to attending a rally!

Again, thank you for this post! The place looks great and it's really hard to beat parking a motorcycle outside of a motel room door.

I live in western NJ, not far from Easton, PA. We have some outstanding motorcycle roads here -- quite a difference from when we lived in Jersey City, and certainly from when we lived in the Tampa area.

That said, somehow PA tends to get really long, no matter what route. I went thru Springfield on a west to east ride last year -- looking forward to it again and to attending a rally!

Again, thank you for this post! The place looks great and it's really hard to beat parking a motorcycle outside of a motel room door.

While I lived in northern NJ had good friends in Bloomsbury and in Asbury. Pretty area for sure. I attend Americade every year and have taken a lot of buddies up 517 all the way to Goshen NY and they can’t believe it’s New Jersey. That being said I moved to Charlotte in ‘96 and never looked back. Ride all year here and about an hour from the Blue Ridge mountains.

Used to frequent New Hope PA and route 32👍

It's a very beautiful area around here. And you chose a good place -- not too far south, not too far north. That said, my wife and I lived in the Tampa area for more than 20 years. I can't tell you how happy we are to be in New Jersey. I've yet to miss a month riding for the past few years -- although last winter was a serious challenge (only one ride in February). But by and large, there's a good reason they call it the Garden State. I'm glad we all found our good places to be.

Back