• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

GMR coming up

blakduc1

MOA Director
Georgia Mountain Rally

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope a lot of you are looking to attend tha Ga Mt Rally this year in Hiawassee at the GA MT Fairgrounds ! We have a lot of great vendors coming and some cool seminars scheduled. Computrak will be there , that can do suspension adjustments, and Stayin' Safe advanced street schools, for example. Good chili and steak dinners again, bonfire social, Aerostitch Riding Suit grand Prize, Embrodered Kermit Chair prize drawing for pre-registered folks, BBQ vendor, and much more!

And the great roads in the area will be waiting to be experienced!
(Cherohala, Hwy 60, Wolfpen Gap, Warwoman Dell, Highway 76, Hwy 197, Deal's Gap, Richard Russell Scenic Hwy, and many, many more!)

Also, Ian Schmeisser knows some great dual sport fire roads and gravel/dirt road routs through the hills.

Go to www.bmwmoga.info to register.

See you there!

dp-Rallymeister

The wife and I, as well as friends from down here in Orlando and up in Memphis are all signed up to go. We are looking forward to it, as many riders have told me this is the best Rally after the National. If anyone else is riding up from the central Florida area, let me know.

:dance

Georgia Mountain Rally

The wife and I, as well as friends from down here in Orlando and up in Memphis are all signed up to go. We are looking forward to it, as many riders have told me this is the best Rally after the National. If anyone else is riding up from the central Florida area, let me know.

:dance

Awesome! We look forward to having y'all there. It should be really good this year. We have a LOT of cool vendors coming. Check the website at www.bmwmoga.info for a schedule of events and also you can see the vendors and door prize donors there.

Spread the word!!

Attachments

• flyer_GMR_MondoFinal.pdf
    137 KB · Views: 7
This will be our first GMR, have heard good things.
Hoping the weather will accomodate our camping.
Can we still register on line?
Thanks
Rod

Hoping the weather will accomodate our camping.

Is your tent waterproof? :bottle

I have been to GMRs with just a little light rain, and I've been to GMRs with heavy, thick, downpours of epic proportions. The down side is it really pays off to be quite mindful to keep your tent out of low spots and possible instant-streams, the upside is that every GMR I have been to has only had rain at night and the mornings are glorious.

I am looking forward to the ride down Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway again this year, and am secretly hoping for a repeat of 1998 when I won the Aerostich :)

Hoping for some luck- already own a 'stich but not a Kermit. Also looking forward to testing my new tent....

Going from Wilmington NC the slow way- winding through the SC sandhills and avoiding the slab. Looks like that might be more than a comfortable 1 day ride- my Zumo is saying 15 hours on the route I chose when 1/2 that time is possible on the slab. Probably do a day or two in the NC mountains coming back.

GA MT Rally Yes

Is your tent waterproof? :bottle

I am looking forward to the ride down Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway again this year, and am secretly hoping for a repeat of 1998 when I won the Aerostich :)

Ted,

Well if you win it again I guess that means you will give it to the rallymeister, since you already have one, right??? :))

As far as rain, --what rain? No rain this year! Didn;t you hear? :)
See we are gettingt he rain this year the weekend before here in GA , and hoping that get us clear for next weekend!

On line registration is closed now due to nearness of the date, but you can walk up and register at the rally. We have no limitation on attendance.

So come on!

dp- Rallymeister

will there be Chicken for the Sat night BBQ

again this year?

for those of us who don't eat red meat? :brow

The GMR was fantastic this year as usual.

It was not a regatta this year. Great riding, food, friends!

Now it is time for some Alabama Chicken.

Back