• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hi from Bavaria, Germany

I did some time back in the day living in Kirchberg (Hahn AFB) and then Bitburg, Germany.

Why is it that we in the US can't make brochen like it is made in Germany? What is the secret to making it?

:lurk

Welcome to the MOA Peter. I too visit Bavaria frequently. My son, James, lives in Munich and works for Deutchbahn. I love that city, and James is a great tour guide. He has traveled with us all over Germany and Italy.

Enjoy that nice new GS.

Hi Susan,

I like the german "Broetchen" as well, but as I'm a physician I have no idea how to make them. But whenever your're visiting Bavaria you're invited do take a breakfast with coffee and fresh "Broetchen" in our garden!

see you

Peter :german

Hi Susan,

I like the german "Broetchen" as well, but as I'm a physician I have no idea how to make them. But whenever your're visiting Bavaria you're invited do take a breakfast with coffee and fresh "Broetchen" in our garden!

see you

Peter :german

Thank you for the gracious invitation. Besides my son living in Ramstein, that is a wonderful reason to plan a trip! Good thing I'm having my passport renewed this month! ;)

Love your BumbleBee GS!

Welcome to the MOA, Peter... it's great that you decided to join us.

I look forward to hearing about plans for your adventure ride... and beautiful bike, great choice. :thumb

ian schmeisser

(my dad and family are from Ulm, they moved here in the 30s. unfortunately, i can't speak a word of german, though :( )

Hi Jan,

thank you for the warm wellcome and your compliments. In a few days I will start my first ride on the new GSA. I promised my 12 year old grandson to take him to Paris (France) by bike for sightseeing and visiting Disney-World Europe. His 10 year old sister will accompany us with my wife with the motorhome. Hopefully the weather will be a little bit warmer and sunny.
Your name shows your german roots. If you're ever in Germany I think it's not necessarily required to speak german because most germans speak a little bit english so it's our first foreign language at school.

Peter

I live in Erlangen, a University-City about 15 km North from N??rnberg, in the middle of Northern Bavaria.

Hallo Peter,

I know it well. I drive by on the A3 every year while on my way to Salzburg via the A9, A99 and A8.

You will love your GS. I've been riding them since 1991 and now have three of them. Well I had four, but I lost one in Braunau am Inn last summer.

I'm fluent in German and I don't even need an Augustiner to get me started. ;)

Hi Alex,

are you every year riding by bike from Frankfurt to Salzburg on the Autobahn? However, when your passing by next time, just come and see me, it's just 6 km away from the A3-Exit "Erlangen West".

Peter

Hi Alex,

are you every year riding by bike from Frankfurt to Salzburg on the Autobahn? However, when your passing by next time, just come and see me, it's just 6 km away from the A3-Exit "Erlangen West".

Peter

Actually from Solingen to Salzburg.

Depends on time. I usually end up rolling into Salzburg at 18:00. You know how it is; you can cruise at high speeds on the autobahn but whatever you gain, you lose in stau und bau stellen.

A good idea would be to take the back roads to Erlangen from Solingen and take two days to get to Salzburg.

Ich muss schrauben gehen...mein Porsche wartet in die garage.

I raced at the Nuburgring on Saturday, woke up early yesterday at my hotel in Spessart and, as my flight from Frankfurt to Newark and the land of Cleves was not until 11:30, decided to forgo the A-bahn and take to the weeds. Set the ole Tom Tom to "avoid freeway" mode and did it ever give me a TREAT!! The only down side is that in my "spring fever" mind set I forget it can get bloody cold! There was frost on the scooter, which was OK but it does not have heated grips so after about an hour, I felt I was going to lose my hands. Had to stop and warm them on the engine! Anyways, what lovely roads, towns, twisties, vistas I enjoyed!! For my next 9 trips this year, FORGET the A-Bahn, its off to the weeds for me!!
Cheers
Andres
:burnout

Welcome

Peter:

Welcome to the BMW MOA! It's great to have international members, particularly those from the BMW Motherland!!!

We hope to see you on some American roads, and likewise, we hope to experience the beauty of your region sometime in the future.

Best wishes,
piperjim

Hello Piperjim,

whenever you'll come to experience our country, you're welcome. Come and see us for a coffee, a conversation or what ever you like. I'm planning to start my trip from Anchorage to Ushuaia next year in May.

best wishes Peter

Hi Andres,

yes you're right, the spring this year is rather cold. Last week I visited Paris with my 12 years old grandson and I had not the impression that we are facing a "global warming"!
I add a picture from April 6 near Paris.
When you're again in Frankfurt go south with your bike (direction Munich). In Northern Bavaria there is a region called "Fraenkische Schweiz" (which means "Franconian Switzerland"). It is full of twisty and scenic roads.

see you Peter

Attachments

• CIMG2198.jpg
    CIMG2198.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 43
Hello Alex,

"schrauben" on a Porsche?? I admire your courage! Whenever you're in our region, take a little time to ride the "Fraenkische Schweiz", it's absolutely worthwhile.
The last 10 days I've been to Paris by bike. (I post some pictures in my album)

see you Peter

Hello Alex,

"schrauben" on a Porsche?? I admire your courage! Whenever you're in our region, take a little time to ride the "Fraenkische Schweiz", it's absolutely worthwhile.

see you Peter

Hallo Peter,

Bin bald fertig. Morgen dreht der motor endlich wieder um. Guckst mal hier. Und, was guckst du? :laugh

Is there a web site of suggested routes through that area?

Hallo Peter,

Bin bald fertig. Morgen dreht der motor endlich wieder um. Guckst mal hier. Und, was guckst du? :laugh

Is there a web site of suggested routes through that area?

Hello Alex,

thanks for your cool links. When do you ride from Solingen to Salzburg the next time. When it will be a weekend I can invite you to ride with me through the "Fr?ñnkische Schweiz", if you like. I don`t know if there is a website for motorcycle tours in this region.

Peter

Hello Alex,

When do you ride from Solingen to Salzburg the next time. When it will be a weekend I can invite you to ride with me through the "Fr?ñnkische Schweiz", if you like.

It'll be a Monday or Tuesday. This year I have to get to Salzburg and take care of a few things before I play tour guide for a couple of friends the following Saturday.

So I will be pressed for time at the start of my tour. But I'm there for six weeks.

It'll be a Monday or Tuesday. This year I have to get to Salzburg and take care of a few things before I play tour guide for a couple of friends the following Saturday.

So I will be pressed for time at the start of my tour. But I'm there for six weeks.

Don't worry Alex, perhaps on your way back, or whenever you like!

have a nice time Peter

Back