• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from Vancouver Island, BC

HenryCdn

Hello everyone.

I became a member today after looking for R1200GS ads. My wife and I both ride and do at least 1 longer ride every summer over about 3 weeks. We like to camp at provincial, federal or state parks. This summer our route will be through WA, ID, MT, UT, AZ, CA, NV, OR, WA. The ride will be broken up while we camp out at the Laguna Seca track for the MotoGP races.

My wife's bike is a 2004 CBR600F4i and I currently have a 2004 VFR. I will be selling my VFR once I find a R1200GS.

Anyways, I look forward to this forum and hopefully meeting some of you over the coming years.

Henry

Welcome to MOA. Look up your Local club. BMW Riders of Vancouver Island. http://www.bmwrvi.org/ maybe they can help you out with a bike. I will also check our club and see if anyone is selling one. Martin.

Welcome to the club, and good luck in your quest for the GS. I just got home from the Island with my newly purchased K1200GT. I found it at Island BMW in Victoria. Though I never actually ended up dealing with them face to face and never actually set foot in their shop, I was happy with the purchase transaction and their helpfulness. The transaction was done by phone and mail, they delivered the bike to my wife's aunt and uncle's place in Victoria where I picked it up.

Not sure what part of the island you on, but it might be worth contacting them to see if they have or know of a GS on the market.

BTW, having just returned from out there where it was green and warm to Calgary where its brown and cold makes me envious of you.

:ca

P.S. Martin: It's all your fault for making me spend the day at the bike show surrounded by new shiny bikes :D

R1200gs

Bought a 2008 and have taken it out a couple of times now. I really like how it feels/handles and can't wait to do a long road trip on it. It has ABS, the instrument package with heated grips/guards and adventure bags.

I've ordered the AP2 fuse kit to power 2 powerlet outlets, a Stebel horn, GPS, radar detector and my heated jacket liner (AP2 from Tom at Excel Cycle Werkes).

I am looking for a used Sargent low seat or a Bill Mayer saddle and need to do some more riding before deciding on whether I'll keep, or change, the windshield.

I've really enjoyed my VFR but it's now for sale!

Back