• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA member in Lima, Peu

jgherne

twoKguy
I am visiting Lima, Peru and would like to get in contact with the MOA member who had a letter to the Editor that appeared in the May 2008 issue of the ON. I don't remember his name, but if I recall he has a new K1200GT, with some custom paint work done in Peru. If anyone can give me his name and local phone number, that would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jim Herne

I am visiting Lima, Peru and would like to get in contact with the MOA member who had a letter to the Editor that appeared in the May 2008 issue of the ON. I don't remember his name, but if I recall he has a new K1200GT, with some custom paint work done in Peru. If anyone can give me his name and local phone number, that would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jim Herne

Jim,
From May '08 ON, letters to editor, the name is Tim O'Reilly, MOA# 138724. No tel is listed (of course). No MOA members are listed in the '08 Anonymous for Peru. It's possible an email to the MOA office might dig up a local Lima mailing address for him.
There is no official BMW motorcycle importer/ dealer in Peru, but the BMW car importer/ dealer [who *might* know of him] in Lima is

Inchcape Motors Peru S.A.
Av. Republica de Panama 3330
San Isidro - Lima - 27
Lima
tel: (51-1)222 3434
e-mail: bmw@imp.com.pe

Lima is a big city, but Tim describes his imported & custom painted K1200GT as the only one in Peru as of last year. 'Somebody' in town must know of him :D

Well...a little googling finds the actual bike & artist website:

http://www.warriors.com.pe/english/formulario.html
Larry Espino Hinojosa , Telef.: (01) 263-9160 , cel. 99430 2310 larry_espino@hotmail.com
Direcci??n : Calle "B" 136 Urb. Bartolome Herrera - San Miguel ( entre las cuadras 15 y 16 Av. La marina ) Lima- Per??

and the bike:
http://www.warriors.com.pe/pics/extras/extras_027g.htm

A call to the artist might put you in touch with Tim.

good luck!

Contact in Lima

Court,

Thanks for the info on Tim. I have sent an e-mail to Larry and will try to call him later. A friend of ours will also be taking me to a motorcycle gathering tonight and maybe he will be there, or someone will know him. I will keep you posted.

As an FYI, I am now living in Belgrade, Serbia and I just bought myself an '85 K100RS that I brought in from Austria. I am writing some articles for the Minnesota club newsletter, and if you like I can send you the issue with my first story.

I am on vacation with my wife in Peru right now, but will be back in Belgrade on the 15th of Feb and I hope to write a second installment on my story some time soon.

Regards,
Jim

Court,

Thanks for the info on Tim....[SNIP]

As an FYI, I am now living in Belgrade, Serbia and I just bought myself an '85 K100RS that I brought in from Austria. I am writing some articles for the Minnesota club newsletter, and if you like I can send you the issue with my first story.

I am on vacation with my wife in Peru right now, but will be back in Belgrade on the 15th of Feb and I hope to write a second installment on my story some time soon.

Regards,
Jim

Jim,
Would love to see/ read your story :wave

Report No 1 from Belgrade

Court,

Here is the Jan issue of the BMWMOCM newsletter with my first story from Belgrade in it. Hope you find it of interest. As an update I got an e-mail from a colleague the other day and he said my K100RS has been delivered to Belgrade and it is now in the garage at my office. I'm bringing some "goodies" back to Belgrade with me and will be making some changes to the bike to make it mine. That will be my Report No 2!

Regards,
Jim

Back