• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do I insert a picture from my local PC?

taran1900

How does one go about inserting a picture from one's local computer? When I try to do it with the "Insert Image" tool, I am able to select a picture, but there is no button to apply it. The only option is to close the window. I have tried doing this on Firefox but I get the same results. Am I missing something? I'd past a screenshot of what I see, but, well I can't insert a picture. Thank in advance to anyone who has a clue.

Last edited:
example.jpg
Use Choose File to select your picture, then complete the transfer by clicking the text that says Upload File(s). It's a button, though it does not look like it.

View attachment 84288
Use Choose File to select your picture, then complete the transfer by clicking the text that says Upload File(s). It's a button, though it does not look like it.

This is the procedure I use all the time. You will find that if you want to insert more than one photo, then the Forum software will switch and look for you to insert "From URL." Just hit the "From Computer" button and you're back in business again.

This is the procedure I use all the time. You will find that if you want to insert more than one photo, then the Forum software will switch and look for you to insert "From URL." Just hit the "From Computer" button and you're back in business again.

LOLOL. At myself. I guess I am programmed to think that if there's not a box around the button, it's not a button. I clicked on the non-button. It works.

Thanks everyone! I'll blame it on Mad Cow I think :blush

That's why I host all of my photos on SmugMug. That way they are well backed up and it is super easy to post pics anywhere I want. I've been using it for over 10 years and I have over 15K photos up there. The other side is that having pics in galleries makes it easy to find them when I want them even if it's 10 years later. It's a pay site with different levels up to full on professional. If you're interested there's a coupon in my sig line.

skibum -

Well, if the pictures were uploaded to the MOA servers, wouldn't they be well backed up, too? :thumb I think a concern would be that if you decide to clean up your photos on SmugMug and you lost track of where you had linked them to then that forum, etc., would end up with a "red X" where the image used to appear. I understand organization might be better on your end, but in some instances, the long term view of the picture is maintained if the MOA has the images.

An example of “hosted elsewhere” can be found on this page-

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?58383-Flowers

Posts missing pictures still have the code used to post them but no picture. The poster, photo hosting, and in some cases changed “free” hosting and “watermarked” the pictures.

If you can host them here, the photos are pretty much here for the duration. Especially important if they are included in a DIY thread.

Thanks for the effort.

OM

Fair enough that they would be hosted on MOA. vs a third party site. In my experience it's all good as long as you don't go changing your galleries around etc. For myself as I create new galleries I just leave them as is once I start them. I just find it far easier over long term as I have posted hundreds of pics on a variety of forums over the years and I see it kind of like one stop shopping. I do agree that a DIY thread could easily benefit from having originals hosted permanently on MOA. For myself if I lost them on my computer I might never find them again on MOA but they're always in my galleries.

Back