• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Have You Seen The GEICO TV Commercial?

Don't assume Geico had much input in scripting and designing this commercial.

Just some folks at an advertising agency exercising their stereotypes for the most part, possibly with a quick approval from someone at Geico.

The someones at Geico will be interested mostly in data on numbers of viewers. And sales growth.

These are the folks that think you'll be impressed by an antipodean accent.

Don't overlook the numbers--more than 50% of ALL STREET motorcycle sales in the USA are owned by Harley.

Yeah, but............Whenever the classic "I want my Cake and eat it too" discussion is offered, it's ever so hard to not to swing away at the big juicy softball as it lazily arcs over the plate......

I apologize for my part of the hijack.

me too............................................:nyah This IS, after all, a place to converse & SOME conversations do wander?:wave

I did see on the news yesterday that Warren Buffetts's bunch owns Geico. He's kind unpopular in parts of my state/KY as they pulled out of the Western KY area where many depended on one of the few garment industry jobs left-Jockey. The administration stays there in Jamestown,KY the rest of it, the mfg. leaves-as it did in my area long ago. They have moved Jockey to Honduras where he can keep raking it ($$$) in (via the Central American Free Trade Agreement) and continue his "legacy"-which was the topic @ hand when I saw him mentioned on the news in regards to the 1.2 billion he's given to a certain group. Avoiding politics...:wave
On another MC insurance note, I saw a picture in yesterdays (5/13/2014) Lexington-Herald Newspaper of the funeral procession for Randolph Scott, the owner of my MC Insurance agency(Progressive at a great price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) replete with lots of MC's & one of his H-D collection being ridden by a friend behind the hearse. I knew the agent I talked to there was a rider but as I don't live there I was unaware the owner was a MC guy. Now it makes sense to me, that they price the policies nicely, indeed!
Want a Geico alternative-there ya go!:)

As a PS to the above rider killed comments- Yesterdays news has the guy that hit & killed Randolph Scot, age 71, charged with 2nd degree manslaughter & a few other items & is a past DUI driver & drug dealer. These MC accidents seem to often have no culprit so here's a heads up on one that's different.

Last edited:
OK, this ought to drive y'all nuts...

:ha

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-27jQyjeFOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cancelled

Having an insurance company interested in anything but keeping retained premiums is an interesting concept :brow
OM

Which is why I sent a letter in with my renewal instead of a renewal check.

Their radio spots for motorcycles are worse than the TV ads.

I specifically dropped them after hearing a straight pipe V-twin ad that glorified the loud pipes crowd.

I am with Allstate now.

I do not want to be in the same insurance pool as the "limited knowledge" crowd.

Allstate

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pTVcaWYBaug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YouTube listing: Funniest Motorcycle Commercials

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ds9PCfVqBMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:brad

Only if ewe want to be a sheep...
[NOT a typo!]
But let's not butt heads over it.

Last edited:
You may be correct.

Humor is a great marketing tool. Sadly, BMW has never employed it in any of their car or motorcycle ads. Their most recent examples, which aired during the Olympics, were plainly bad, in my most humble of opinions...

THE best m/c commercial. Ever. Period.

http://youtu.be/fPeyhiD7KYw

mind the badgers.

Very random thoughts...Where is PETA! The Brit girl is cute, even in safety glasses...The bug eyed guy looks like a local HD rider? That was surely Clark Kent that "layed down for the quick stop":D
Curiously, did Bond, Jame Bond, ever ride a MC in a flick?
There was a time long ago when I drank the British kool-aid... the germs are still in my body, me thinks...:bow:D

Bond was on bikes several times.

Most notably in Never Say Never Again with Barbara Carrera (the Thunderball remake)

Also on an R1200C in one of the Pierce Brosnan things

And of course Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace

Back