• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

member 90476 George

gshebib

I have on my 2009 f650gs the largest oem windshield but it is not effective in blocking the wind noise.
Does anybody out there have the answer ?

Welcome to the forum George!
Have a look through the thumper section of the forum while you are waiting for a more detailed response.
Gary

50465A54-8B07-408B-A334-EE6B6AFDE56E.jpg
I have on my 2009 f650gs the largest oem windshield but it is not effective in blocking the wind noise.

I had the aftermarket 18” Vstream I think it was... cut down ever so slightly on the wind noise and bug guts on the helmet visor.

George

Even low cost foam ear plugs, available at any hardware store or pharmacy, will be far more effective at blocking wind noise than the very best windshield. AND far less expensive. Try some before you spring for the expensive custom molded ear buds with or without sound incorporated.

Friedle

Even low cost foam ear plugs, available at any hardware store or pharmacy, will be far more effective at blocking wind noise than the very best windshield. AND far less expensive. Try some before you spring for the expensive custom molded ear buds with or without sound incorporated.

Friedle

Oh, yeah... you make a good point, it hadn’t occurred to me at this point someone would be riding without ear plugs. To think, two or three years ago I didn’t wear them, boy was I stupid.

Windshields

There are several good after-market windshield manufacturers. Parabellum and National Cycle come to mind. But even a great
windshield has to be the right distance, height, and angle to be any good. I would have nothing less than a four-point mount.

Back