• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2 Up Seat for R1200GAD

OK, trying to convince the wife to let me consolidate motorcycles into one. That one bike being a new R1200GS ADV. The problem is she is nice and comfy on the back of my Harley Ultra with it's recliner style seat and back rest. We've taken a GS ADV out for a test ride and she can appreciate the suspension but is having a hard time picturing how much difference a custom seat and back rest would improve over the stock setup. I've looked at Daylong, Mayer, Corbin, etc., but sitting is believing... Any recommendations for a seat/backrest combo? or where we can touch sit on?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.... :thumb

Last edited:
OK, trying to convince the wife to let me consolidate motorcycles into one. That one bike being a new R1200GAD. The problem is she is nice and comfy on the back of my Harley Ultra with it's recliner style seat and back rest. We've taken a GAD out for a test ride and she can appreciate the suspension but is having a hard time picturing how much difference a custom seat and back rest would improve over the stock setup. I've looked at Daylong, Mayer, Corbin, etc., but sitting is believing... Any recommendations for a seat/backrest combo? or where we can touch sit on?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.... :thumb

What is a R1200GAD?

Harry

Greetings,

I have a R1200GS Adventure. For passenger comfort and security I recommend the BMW Top Case. Not too sure I would spend a lot of money on custom seats and a backrest without trying the topcase first.

If it doesn't work out the top case would be an easy sell.

Greetings,

I have a R1200GS Adventure. For passenger comfort and security I recommend the BMW Top Case. Not too sure I would spend a lot of money on custom seats and a backrest without trying the topcase first.

If it doesn't work out the top case would be an easy sell.

MrsK liked the Adv topcase quite a bit. Of course, she has a back protector in her riding gear, so the sharp edges didn't really bother her.

What you need is a GPS!

You are going the wrong direction

Consolidate = backwards

Just buy a new Adventure & then ask her to forgive you.

My wife and I two up on an 07 1200GSA.
I purchased a 1200GS rear seat for her that replaces the GSA seat. About $180.
It's nearly twice as thick as the GSA rear seat.
We have the back pads that attach to the system top box and they work great.
It took about two months to get them.
The pad in the back of her jacket helped prior to the pads being installed but the aluminum box did leave gray marks on the back of her jacket. With pads, no more marks. She will oftem spend 10 hours a day back there. Few complaints.
BMW recommends the pads for off pavement riding for protection from the jolts the passenger takes. We ride off pavement often together. 9K miles at this time. Awsome bike!
Only problem. BMW recalled (removed) the Tire Pressure Monitor system. But, they have not found a way to reprogram the computer to stop looking for a signal. Hence my idiot light never goes out!

Back