• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hey NASCAR Fans

K

Kbrick

Its time to come out of the closet, tomorrow is the start of the season!
Some will say its silly but we know it is one of the great events in motorsport.

Many are following Dale Jr. some Jimmy Johnson,a lot hate Jeff Gordon, I myself follow the small teams, Robbie Gordon #7, BAM Racing #49 (they didn't make the show) and this years long shot story, John Andretti in the #34 a team from no where!

Make a bowl of popcorn pour a Pepsi and enjoy the afternoon!

Tony Stewart, Bobbie Labonte, Kyle Petty, and the rest of the cast of 43 drivers,
the Air Force will make a flyover and its start your engines:usa

Attachments

• daytona-500-1.jpg
    daytona-500-1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 229
Ever since the introduction of the Car of tomorrow, NASCAR reminds me of WRASLE'N:bolt

Tomorrow's the start?

I've been watching Speed Channel all week. I love the Bud Shootout, no points, only money. What a motivator! The Craftsman Truck Series is also a great race to watch. Can't wait to watch tomorrows race.

Then bring on the bike racing!!!!

Go Mikey, Beak and DJ. Those MWR teams have made great strides since last year. Loved the NCTS race, the Nationwide race was entertaining and if what I saw in the Shootout and the Duels is any indication, the 500 will be absolutely fantastic.

Anybody but a Hendrick car is fine by me.

NASCAR is the WWF of motorsports.

Play the home version of NASCAR, flush a bag of Skittles down the toilet.

[For NASCAR fans: a "toilet" is a porcelain device with a function similar to an outhouse, but it goes indoors.]

NASCAR is the WWF of motorsports.

Play the home version of NASCAR, flush a bag of Skittles down the toilet.

[For NASCAR fans: a "toilet" is a porcelain device with a function similar to an outhouse, but it goes indoors.]

Didn't this start a ruckus last year???
All three comments in one post!!!

During the Twins, or Duals (whatever they are calling them now) I heard Ken Squier say something to the effect that the Dodges seemed to work better in the draft.

Hey Ken! The cars are all identical! It is the Car of Tomorrow, or Today (whatever thay are calling them now) and one "brand" can't be better or worse in the draft. It seems to me the only difference from one brand to another is the decals and the name on the rocker covers.

I'm picking DJ today. He is the sentimental favorite and NASCAR absolutely loves teary-eyed sentiment. DJ gets the plate with the big holes today.

And, as long as I am rambling al over the place, a pet peave of mine is the absolutely lame way every honorary starter waves the green flag. The other day DW was the honorary starter and guess what. He was lame too. You'd think he had seen enough flags being waved in his career that he'd have a clue. But he got the "boogety boogety" part OK.

John

thanks man

During the Twins, or Duals (whatever they are calling them now) I heard Ken Squier say something to the effect that the Dodges seemed to work better in the draft.

Hey Ken! The cars are all identical! It is the Car of Tomorrow, or Today (whatever thay are calling them now) and one "brand" can't be better or worse in the draft. It seems to me the only difference from one brand to another is the decals and the name on the rocker covers.

I'm picking DJ today. He is the sentimental favorite and NASCAR absolutely loves teary-eyed sentiment. DJ gets the plate with the big holes today.

And, as long as I am rambling al over the place, a pet peave of mine is the absolutely lame way every honorary starter waves the green flag. The other day DW was the honorary starter and guess what. He was lame too. You'd think he had seen enough flags being waved in his career that he'd have a clue. But he got the "boogety boogety" part OK.

John
We are not alone.

One of the early champions was a motorcycle racer, Joe Weatherly, we all know about Kyle Petty and his ride across America for Charity... there are a lot of riders in the stock car ranks we have more in common then most realize.

Its a long season whether you root for Hendricks, RCR, or like me the #7 of Robbie Gordon ... kids the boys are back in town!

Boogity, boogity, boogity, motorsport is back in town.

I try to watch Nascar, I really really do. But it always ends the same way for me. About 30 minutes of sheer boredom followed by a nice nap.

I had two employees who had moved up to the mountains from a small town in Oklahoma. They were a married couple and for the most part salt of the Earth type folks. They were around 52 to 55 years old and had never saved a penny for any type of retirement. The female employee had exactly 1 tooth left from certain indulgences in her earlier life. I had finally convinced them to do two things, sign up for a 401k and to have her start saving for a new set of choppers thru the company medical plan. After about 2 years they go on a vacation that I assumed was a trip back to Okieland. When they returned I asked them how their trip was, their grandchild, etc. They then told me that they had actually spent their vacation following NASCAR races for three weeks. They had taken a 401k loan and spent the money she was saving up for the new teeth! (She had already saved the required amount) Ive never watched NASCAR and am sure its a lot of fun However, these two reinforced a stereotype that many people have concerning the event. They left the area about two months ago to return to Oklahoma sans new choppers and no real savings.

BT-boringnascar-gallery-131.jpg

Didn't this start a ruckus last year???
All three comments in one post!!!
Yup. BMWMOA is not an anagram for NASCAR no matter how poorly the fans spell. The sooner the fans heads all pop, the faster we'll all get back to motorcycle discussions on this motorcycle forum.

Here is how to attend a NASCAR event...

As they come past the grandstand... :dance "WHOOOOOOOOOO!"
As they go down the back straight... :drink
Repeat the above two lines, once for every lap.

Ever wonder what the crew chief says to the driver via the headset?
GO STRAIGHT! GO STRAIGHT!
TURN LEFT! TURN LEFT!
GO STRAIGHT! GO STRAIGHT!
TURN LEFT! TURN LEFT!

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

+1

And how dare you say its the greatest motorsports! MotoGP, World Superbike, British Superbike, World Side-car racing, Dakar, World Enduro, CCS, ASRA, Hill Climbs, AMA, Red Bulls Rockie Cup, Rally car racing, and many more are WAY better than NASCAR... It takes no skills to race in NASCAR. All you have to do it sit, drive for hours on end. Straight, gas it, slow down, left turn. Straight, gas, slow down, left turn. Straight, slow down, left turn... on and on and on. There is no skill to do that.

Why are you here?

Obviously many of you are not NASCAR fans, why did you come here? :scratch
The title said Hey NASCAR fans.

So I guess I am a toothless ignorant moron that does not know what an indoor toilet looks like. Pretty narrow minded thinking here.

Why do you find it acceptable to be insulting to the other people sitting around the campfire that do enjoy NASCAR?

So I guess I am a toothless ignorant moron that does not know what an indoor toilet looks like. Pretty narrow minded thinking here.

Why do you find it acceptable to be insulting to the other people sitting around the campfire that do enjoy NASCAR?

Just ignore them ltljohn. Those who mock are just looking for a reaction.

So how about Newman winning. I was pulling really hard for Smoke in that last lap but he brain cramped and dropped to to the bottom to try and bring Kyle with him. And I really hope Mikey reveals what was up with his drop to and stay at the back. After he ran so well at 'Dega in October (he was in contention until he got caught up in somebody else's wreck), I was hoping he would at least get a top 10 today. :scratch

I am not personally insulted, I just want to know why every time a NASCAR thread starts people that obviously have no interest in it have to jump in with the insults.

The finish was shaping up to be great until the last caution. It was shaping up to be a 5 car battle then poof. Lots of great racing today though, the new car changed the plate races so there is some racing without the draft. The draft is still important but at the beginning there were a couple of drivers testing of just how to run by yourself.
A pretty good race overall. I really enjoyed lots of the history in the pre race segments.
I was pulling for JR but a top ten in the first race with a new team is OK.