• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Still waiting

jaherbst

Jack Herbst
Bought a new 650 twin Dec. 11 2008 from Victory in Chandler AZ. I have not recieved any warranty, new owner gift or heard anything from BMW. Does anyone have any clue how long this takes? I will check with Victory tomarrow to see if they even sent in the paperwork. Can you believe they didn't give me a T-shirt or hat. Not evan after I ask for it. Bought my RT at Iron Horse here in Tucson. Yes, they offered a new hat. Great dealership by the way.

You will most likely recall your recall notice for the sprocket before the fulfillment company gets your swag box to you.

As I recall, the "Black Box" showed up a couple months later.
The bike's battery had already expired before that.

Victory is checking up on it for me. I talked to them today. I would like my roadside assistence and would like to be registered in case of recalls which I see have already started on this bike. When I take it in for the 600 mile check (at Iron Horse in Tucson) will the dealer be able to check all this if it is not registered with the head shed or do any work on it?

Does anyone have a clue why it takes so long to get warranty, roadside service/tow and the secret black box? This is definately not German efficiency! At least I do not have to worry about the final drive on this one. I do love the bike.

Victory is checking up on it for me. I talked to them today. I would like my roadside assistance and would like to be registered in case of recalls which I see have already started on this bike. When I take it in for the 600 mile check (at Iron Horse in Tucson) will the dealer be able to check all this if it is not registered with the head shed or do any work on it?

Does anyone have a clue why it takes so long to get warranty, roadside service/tow and the secret black box? This is definitely not German efficiency! At least I do not have to worry about the final drive on this one. I do love the bike.

Any servicing dealer will enter your vin on the BMW (dealer only) website and bring up all recalls, campaigns, and history of warranty service. You don't have to do anything to register. The selling dealer registers the bike.
I'm guessing that most of that fulfillment stuff is contracted to other companies. Complaining to BMWNA might be in order so they can evaluate what they are getting for their money.

Victory in Phoenix has still not contacted me about this. I stopped by to let them know on thursday and they said they would call me the next morning????? It would be nice to at least have the roadside service information. Does anyone have the BMWNA phone numbers so I can contact them. Thanks

Jack

Victory in Phoenix has still not contacted me about this. I stopped by to let them know on thursday and they said they would call me the next morning????? It would be nice to at least have the roadside service information. Does anyone have the BMWNA phone numbers so I can contact them. Thanks

Jack

Try here...
1-800-831-1117

I haven't tried it, but see if it works for motorcycle Customer Service.

BMW Motorrad USA Roadside Assistance Plan (Cross Country)
National Toll-Free Assistance Number
1-877-680-2176

Based on recent sales experience, new bike delivered 11/04/08, BMW sends Roadside Assistance info/ card (w/ your name & bike VIN) 01/15/09.
You are 'eligible' for roadside assistance from time of sale (assuming BMW has shared your name & VIN w/ Cross Country database)

"Black box" notification letter arrives separately, approx same timeframe. Letter instructs you to request black box via an outside vendor email. Letter claims actual delivery to you 2-3 weeks after you initiate email.

Warranty is effective immediately at time of sale.

Don't sweat it...but any of these 'systems' may need followup prompting :whistle

I assumed my bike was registered and I paid a price for my ignorance, Call the 800 number and MAKE SURE your bikes VIN number is in the data base before you may actually need assitance.

Just talked to Scott at Motorad BMW Roadside Assistence. He said that if the bike was less than three years old they would automaticaly cover it????? He said he could not check the data base????? 1-877-680-2176 to see if my vin number was in it.

Also made a call to BMWNA 1-800-831-1117 basically got the same answer???? He did say that it would take at least 8-10 weeks to recieve anything ie. warranty, registration for roadside, and new owners gift box. He said to expect something towards the end of February. This sucks and is very disappointing. I guess I overestimated BMW from the begining. I can see why everyone is having so much trouble with warranty and BMW standing behind their product. This was my second new BMW in 2008.

Why the slow response. What a way to run a business in a foriegn country! Almost adds up to customer disrespect. You can't blame people answering the phones. These problems come from the head shed and their direction.

I hope people reading this forum call the Emergency Roadside Assistance number to verifly their bikes VIN is indeed in the data base from the comfort of there own Homes. I found out, on the side of the road, my VIN was not in the system even after owning my new R1200RT for almost for a year and a half. Imagine my disgust after my EWS antenna ring went South and I almost needed a tow only to find out my VIN was not recorded. Call now and be SURE

Back