• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dyna Beads

jsf14469

Have installed balance beads in both tires. Balance seems good. Happy.
However, when checking air pressure bead will get stuck in valve and then valve has to be romoved to get bead out. Happens only in rear tire. Annoying.

Anybody else experience this? Fix ?

Anybody running tubeless on snowflake rims? Mine are on 1982 R100RS.

I use regular weights and haven't had one get stuck in the valve yet.

Never have had this problem and have used Dyna Beads for 2 years now. Does it depend on the position of the valve stem (12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, etc) when the pressure is checked? The valve stem is bwt 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock when I check pressure. Would this make a difference?

... then valve has to be romoved to get bead out.

... Fix ?

Not on an Airhead, but I check pressure with the valve stem at 3 or 9. The beads will be at the bottom of the tire. If I had a bead get stuck in the valve, I'd try giving it a shot of air to push it back into the tire?

I check pressure with the valve at the bottom. I figure that gives the best chance of the beads falling out *if* any happened to be in the stem. I've never had a problem with the beads clogging the stem with over 4 years of using beads for balance on tubed and tubeless tires. YMMV.

Tom

Thump:)

Seems a good thump of the tire would take care of most issues, before checking pressure. An odd thing, having them get stuck indeed. Most seem to not have an issue, but certainly some do. Just kicking the tire a few times or even once would perhaps clear the valve of beads as you check. Great suggestion. Randy

Seems a good thump of the tire would take care of most issues, before checking pressure. An odd thing, having them get stuck indeed. Most seem to not have an issue, but certainly some do. Just kicking the tire a few times or even once would perhaps clear the valve of beads as you check. Great suggestion. Randy

If one does get stuck, you better have a pump and valve tool with you. It sez so right here: :deal

Appreciate the replies. Have tried having stem at different positions. Will try thumping. Valve stem tool and pump always with bike, however it is a pain.

I check pressure with the valve at the bottom. I figure that gives the best chance of the beads falling out *if* any happened to be in the stem. I've never had a problem with the beads clogging the stem with over 4 years of using beads for balance on tubed and tubeless tires. YMMV.

Tom

DITTO! Never been a problem & If you are checking the air it only makes sense to have more air on hand in the 1st place so give em a shot of air 1st then check.

Back