• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Picture of Your K16

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
Please use this thread to post your picture of your K16

Remember if there is no picture it didn't happen!!

Despite the fact that I hate this picture of me, here we are ready for our first ride together:

P5280020-L.jpg

- Kate

If that's your street, looks like a fairly modest neighborhood for such a spendy scooter.

Let's see, I have a 2005 R1200RT and an '06GS, together they add up to about the K16's value. I live in West Cleveland, guess I think like you. My bikes = 1/5 or so the tax value of my home.... go figure....

ENJOY...
Looks nice, exactly what I'd get, if I were gettin'.
I owned a K1200GT ('08), did not like it.
Curious to hear your evaluation.

Dmilan

Very nice, Kate.

Is there any grey in what is called "light grey metallic?" It looks mostly white in pictures and yet to see one in the flesh.

Well, the GT cost more than my car did, but that seems appropriate to me. The picture is on the sidewalk beside my house. The houses in this neighborhood are modest but well cared for. I guess it all depends on what you want to spend your money.

This bike is the "light grey metallic". Sometimes it looks almost white, sometimes kind of silver, and often sort of a putty grey, depending on the light.

- Kate

How did you get it up on the center stand?

:scratch The usual way.

It goes onto the centerstand pretty smoothly. I can even do it with soft-soled shoes. Getting it off the center stand takes a little more effort than my RT did, though. :rolleyes

- Kate

Nice job Kate, cool that you are out riding a new bike in the rain. It angers me when some stranger questions my priorities, you answered very gracefully and that is to be admired! My thinking is if I can't ride it or shoot it I ain't spendin' money on it! My neighbor across the road has a house worth twice what mine is and he spends every waking moment at work to pay for it and the rest of his time working on it to keep it up. He gives me the finger when I pull out for a ride-he freely admits the jealousy!

Nice job Kate, cool that you are out riding a new bike in the rain. It angers me when some stranger questions my priorities, you answered very gracefully and that is to be admired! My thinking is if I can't ride it or shoot it I ain't spendin' money on it! My neighbor across the road has a house worth twice what mine is and he spends every waking moment at work to pay for it and the rest of his time working on it to keep it up. He gives me the finger when I pull out for a ride-he freely admits the jealousy!

What I was attempting to confess, is that evidently, I have the same priorities. As a ratio, home value to bike value, perhaps even more so.

Anyways
Since there not much pic action going on..

I did get a chance to test ride a K16GTL here in Cleveland.
My quick thoughts are... that is one smooth powerfull engine. Combined with the fly by wire throttle it almost feels like an electric motorcycle.

I felt very comfortable controling the bike. Very good footing combined with a very light feel for a 700lb+ m/c, even in city stop and go.

Very comfy overall... Never owned a big luxo tourer but I was quickly tooling right down the highway. Settled right in.

I did not like the high part in the middle of the windscreen. Too much in the way for me. I'd bet that the GT screen, a Cee Bailey , Aeroflow or something with a flip at the top would be excellent.

The transmisssion, well, I'll keep it positive by saying that I would need to find the proper shifting/clutch/throttle technique. It did not come naturally to me.
Some clunking was often apparent

Now, lets see some more K16 pics please.

Dmilan

My1600 gt

Picked mine up June 2, 2011, from BMW Cross Country and have been enjoying every chance I get to ride on it. A wonderful machine!

Attachments

• IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 2,699
Hey, let's see a RED one here!

Great looking bikes. Can't wait to get mine (GT also), but it'll be a while being #1016 on the pre order.

And me with more time on my hands since I retired today. :clap

Good thing I still I have my '06 R1200GS to ride or it would be a long summer, even here in the frozen tundra.....:bottle

I love my Gisele, what a beautiful Fraulein she is; Mein Schatzie Gisele es sehr gut!

Hey, let's see a RED one here!

Great looking bikes. Can't wait to get mine (GT also), but it'll be a while being #1016 on the pre order.

And me with more time on my hands since I retired today. :clap

Good thing I still I have my '06 R1200GS to ride or it would be a long summer, even here in the frozen tundra.....:bottle

My Fellow BMW MOA and AZ Beemers Club #89 Forum Friends, I'd like to introduce you to my newest Fraulein: Gisele Bundchen; a 2012 BMW K1600GT. She has every available option and she's mine!

100_0735.jpg

Mi Sobrino (my Nephew) Enrique "Henry" Garza test rode Gisele for his Tio Chuy to compare her to his K16GT. He said Gisele was tight and right, so a deal was struck!

100_0737.jpg

Enrique's K16GT moto and mine are twins. Many thanks also to SkooterG and JetGrl-Eileen for their close support and excellent advice in helping me with the purchase.

100_0736.jpg

Alaska here we come in 2012, after we ride to Acapulco, Mexico this Winter! Arriba!!

A closer side shot view of Gisele.

DSCF0083.jpg

Very nice.

Mine is supposed to hit the east coast wharehouse TODAY! Who knows how long to get on a truck and to the dealer.......

Much earlier than expected and hopefully arrive here in time for a scheduled trip in mid-August.

Enjoy.

Right hand pics of Gisele, 2012

BB had complained I'd not posted right hand photos of Gisele. *Here's my beautiful BMW Sweetie!

100_0740.jpg

100_0738.jpg

Pic of "UBER" Bike....

On the Lake Superior tour - in Houghton MI

Simply can't say enough about the bike... other than I wish i could get engine guards and highway pegs... but it's worth the wait.

Attachments

• K1600GTL_Houghton.jpg
    K1600GTL_Houghton.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,528
Back