• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Switched on Power

boogerman

Booger Man
I have a 2018 R1200RT that I installed a Warm and Safe permanent dual contoller on the left side by the radio buttons. Where would I tap into to install a relay so that it only gets power when the bike is switched on. Right now it hooked direct to the battery. Thanks Tom

You can pull a trigger wire for the relay from the small fuse block under the driver's seat. One of those fuses is switched.

You can pull a trigger wire for the relay from the small fuse block under the driver's seat. One of those fuses is switched.

I used one of these, the switched one is 7.5a . See pages 14 and 156 in your bikes manual.

Jay

Last edited:
Back