• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pontiac this weekend?

wezul

Cage Rattler
Hey, I've been poking about and I cannot find anything on what formerly known as "Hard to be Humble". I thought I had read something that an officially unsanctioned byob and pay for all yourself type thing was happening this weekend.
Was thinking I might take a day ride down. Do I have the correct dates?
Is it on?

Kinda miss the Dinks, that was a nice rally.

Last edited:
Some of us are camping there but it is not an official rally. May be about 20 of us including some coming in motorhomes.

Last edited:
Hey, I've been poking about and I cannot find anything on what formerly know as "Hard to be Humble". I thought I had read something that an officially unsanctioned byob and pay for all yourself type thing was happening this weekend.
Was thinking I might take a day ride down. Do I have the correct dates?
Is it on?

Kinda miss the Dinks, that was a nice rally.

Miss the Dinks rally too. I got my first bike delivered there. :bikes

While @ the "rally"

This weekend, the Pontiac Vermillion Players are putting on a play at Chautauqua Park. HMS Pinafore will be performed at 7:30 PM Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. The weather will be perfect for this event. If you are looking for something to do, this would fill the bill.

Have a great weekend.

This weekend, the Pontiac Vermillion Players are putting on a play at Chautauqua Park. HMS Pinafore will be performed at 7:30 PM Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. The weather will be perfect for this event. If you are looking for something to do, this would fill the bill.

Have a great weekend.

This is a little late, but some of you have ipads and smart phones that may already be in Pontiac.
Downtown Pontiac has a very good route 66 museum. It has a great place to take a photo of your bike with a big route 66 mural as a background. Downtown also has a nice Italian restaurant. Chautauqua Park is a lovely setting with its trees, the Vermillion river and it's old suspension bridges.
Have a good time.

About 30 BMW people did camp this weekend at the 4H grounds in Pontiac. There were also about 100 Harley types with an Alcoholics Anonomous group. We kept to ourselves as did they.
Weather was great except Saturday at 4pm to about 6pm when many of us went into Pontiac to Bernardi's (in cars) to get some great Italian food. I still miss the Dinks Rally!

Back