• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Kaoko install problems on F700gs. What am I missing here?

LongRider2

just received my throttle lock. Install seems easy and the distributor confirmed I have the correct kit for OEM Handguards. When all is installed per instructions, the bar end bolt is tightened. It is at that time everything in the assembly is immovable. The bar end presses so firmly on the assembly that nothing works.

Who has had this problem and what is the work around. I received 3 pieces in my kit. One thrust washer, one friction nut and one bolt.

Thanks for your insights!

Greg

I installed the Kaoko throttle lock on my 2017 F700GS with BMW hand guards without a problem. I can only think of that you don't have the Kaoko kit for your hand guards or, when you installed the wheel part it was totally turned to the lock position when you assembled it.

/Guenther

The thrust washer that was included in the kit was notnecessary!

Works like a charm now. Kaoko needs to update their installation instructions.

Apologies for the necropost. I was at my wits’ end today when installing the “Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control For BMW F700GS '13-'16, F800GS '13-'16 & F800GS Adventure '14-'16 | Models with OEM steel backbone handguards” I got for $40 off on a Black Friday sale at Twisted Throttle. A DuckDuckGo search on the issue brought up this thread and saved my sanity. :banghead

Thanks! Hopefully my experience of also not needing the thrust washer will help others who encounter this.

Pictures of Kaoko Installed on F700gs?

Would any of you that have installed a Kaoko on your F700gs mind posting a pic of the installed product? I am looking for a cruise/throttle lock to install on mine before the summer. Thanks in advance! D.

Got Mine Installed! Works like a Charm.

To dellaster and others, thanks for the guidance and pics. Got mine installed on Sunday along with some Grip Puppy brand foam overgrips. Everything working great on a 309 mile day trip! (Other than my picture which despite numerous attempts keeps having the wrong orientation.)

Attachments

• KaokoLock.JPG
    KaokoLock.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Back