• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone use this Luggage Rack for the K75?

I notice the original link only mentions K1100s and the EBAY listing says it will fit K75s. I wonder if he will take it back if it doesn't fit? GIVI makes a rack that will bolt to the BMW rack holes, and their top boxes are nice.

Is the tail piece the same on K75/K1100?

The difference is in the way the side (battery) cover mounts. The K75 has a pin on the tail piece, the K1100 has a hole. Other than that, I believe they are identical. The rack mounts to the grab handle holes. I KNOW hat the K75 and K1100 use the same grab handles.

:dance:dance:dance

the ideal setup would be using the same "key" used to secure the top case to the tail rack.

The way they chose to mount the rack is way more secure, but more of a hassle. Remember, the top case is only rated for 11 lbs. The grab handles must be rated for MUCH more than that!

:dance:dance:dance

Looks pretty sturdy - wondering if anyone uses it and if so, how you'd rate it:

http://www.d-r-engineering.com/bmw-rack.htm

Ken,

YES, I have one and have used it 2-up. Cathy likes her Corbin Backrest so a 22L topbox is out (awful as a backrest anyhow)

The rack is sturdy. We have carried a large waterproof bag on it for a long weekend. No problems. It does need to be mounted in the rearmost holes- where the supports bolt to the rack itself- or you cannot open the seat.

Works well for us.

John

Ken,

YES, I have one and have used it 2-up. Cathy likes her Corbin Backrest so a 22L topbox is out (awful as a backrest anyhow)

The rack is sturdy. We have carried a large waterproof bag on it for a long weekend. No problems. It does need to be mounted in the rearmost holes- where the supports bolt to the rack itself- or you cannot open the seat.

Works well for us.

John

Thanks, John

Appreciate your feedback - for a rally, the rack makes a lot of sense instead of having all the gear right against your back. the top case is practical in one way but when my wife rides, it's tough for her to swing her leg over the top case.

Back