• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

.............Motion alarms

pipestone

'Forgiven'
Years ago I had a rather inexpensive motion alarm system that was two piece..the alarm unit and a fob.
I had the alarm velcroed beneath my gas tank, the fob activated or deactivated the unit. This was nice when traveling and staying at the motels...it gave me some sense of security as I snoozed for the night.

I'm wanting to get another..

..does any one use them...What are you using??

Thank -

God Bless America,
pipestone

I have a Gorilla 8017 and like it.

It has a pager which alerts you even with the bike is out of sight but not to the 1/4 mile they claim. I see the new ones claim 1/2 mile.

It's a lot easier to deal with a stolen bike if you've had a good nights sleep!

My new to me K1200GT came with the optional BMW alarm. First for me on a bike, I usually don't park where it would be needed.

Depending on the year and model of your bike, I believe the BMW alarm can be added later.

Thanks Guys ...the Gorilla 8007 might be for me. I don't see a big advantage for the 1/2 mi. distance...either going to turn the intruder..or not.

God Bless America,
pipestone

Motion alarms, brake rotor locks... I couldn't even find a way to lock the front forks on my current bike, and frankly haven't worried about it much.

Really guys, is theft much of a problem with BMW's? I know it is with Harleys and sportbikes but was under the impression there wasn't much of a market for hot BMW's. Anybody had a BMW bike stolen or know of someone who has?

Is this a solution in search of a problem, or should I try to extricate my head from the sand?

Really guys, is theft much of a problem with BMW's?

I hope not. If it is I'm going to have to figure out another place to keep my key. Right now it pretty much lives in the ignition. Of course the thief might not know that seeing as how the helmet on top of the GPS might be blocking his view. :whistle

Really guys, is theft much of a problem with BMW's? I know it is with Harleys and sportbikes ......

Not sure if even Harleys are a big target anynmore. Everyone who wants one has one now I think. :ha At least it sure seems like it based on the number of them around now.

Last edited:
Back